corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FRONT DOOR SPEAKER WIRING

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FRONT DOOR SPEAKER WIRING
ash_corsa

User status: Offline
17th Jan 05 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you take big speaker wiring through the original rubber hose in the door hinge on corsa b? how easy is it to do? wanna do a tidy job
thanks
ash
Smick

17th Jan 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the way I put in the wiring for my front components.

Its not easy to do, took me and my dad most of the day, but its best to do a proper job.

The rubber hose itself is hollow but the ends are plastic multi-pin blocks. You will have to take all cards etc off the doors to get at the back of these. You will then have to take the hose and connector completly out (from the door and the main car side) and drill a hole through both the plugs, be careful though as electric window/mirror cable may also be present (I was lucky in that there was only 2 speaker wires in mine.)

Get rid of the original speaker wire then re-fit the plugs to the door, you then have to get the new cable through the rubber hose which isnt easy either, particularly on the drivers side as it is hard to get at the back of the plug from inside the car. The passenger side isnt too bad as you can easily see the back of the passenger side plug when you take the glovebox out.

You definitely have to do it this way though, the alternative is to use the existing wire through the rubber hose but this completly defeats the purpuse of amping the components IMO as you are never going to get good quality current through the crappy standard wires. Thats just being lazy.

If you have any questions fire away mate
ash_corsa

17th Jan 05 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was hoping to do it in the 2.5 hours ive got b4 work in the morning! arse!
lol
Matty L

18th Jan 05 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your car only has speaker wires running through the plug, just rip the fucker out.

On the body frame side, not the door....if u reach into the hole where you've just pulled the plug you should be able to find a rubber seal hanging about in there....use this to seal to hole...and run your cable through it, do the same to the door hole.u can only find 1 rubber seal on both sides though so youll need to go down scrappy and pull some outta an old corsa.

So bascialy, u will end up with just a wire running through the holes...which a "kean eye" would be able to point out and think "bodge job"....i dont give 1 though, y waist time drilling holes just to make it look tidy.Maybe if i was doing a proper ice install, id run the wire through some sort of piping

the above dont count if u have e/c, e/m etc et..in which case your shagged....and its a full days work drilling the plug

[Edited on 18-01-2005 by Matty L]
ash_corsa

18th Jan 05 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a L reg sri, its got a cat1 alarm but duno if the central locking was original cuz its got fuck-all else! no leccy windows or nuffin.
il av a butchers at it and c what i think!
thanks for your help guys
AdiSRI

18th Jan 05 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has every electric option in the doors, and i just ran 12 gauge spk wire thru mine.

Was an absolute bitch and i wouldnt advise anyone to attempt it unless your very sure you can do it.

As said rubber bun g can be undone each end and the plug split. then find a gap big enuff where a pin isnt being used and drill thru. Make sure you drill both in the same place so it can close again. Also be careful of the other wires, mine had so many i mashed a few and had to hardwire a few of them aswell as the speaker wire.

You might do one in 2.5 hours if your lucky...
Smick

18th Jan 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matty L >> Its prob gonna be more effort having to go to a scrappy and find the gomments / seals that you are talkin about. If you have gone to the trouble of taking out the rubber hoses etc its not exactly hard drilling a couple of holes and popping them back in.

The rubber hose is here for a reason, water gets into that area between the door and the car so I dont think its the best idea to just leave the wires hanging through there. Can get pretty dirty in there too.

And as you have said its gonna look a "bodge job" and as ash has said he wants it to be tidy.

[Edited on 18-01-2005 by Smick]
ash_corsa

19th Jan 05 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the excellent advice guys, will av a crack tomora morning and see where i get!
AdiSRI

19th Jan 05 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck!!

you will need it!
mobymaster

19th Jan 05 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just pulled the bung out and left it loose

New Poll