corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » wheel stuff-legal issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wheel stuff-legal issue
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jan 05 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mates got 16's on front and 13's on rear as he lost a wheel when he nailed a kurb i nthe ice.... needs 16's on front to clear the brakes.....whats the legal issues on this, he got pulled and told its illegal, is this correct?
chr15barn3s

26th Jan 05 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure ive heard that as long as the same size wheels are on each axel then its ok, so you could have 16's on the front and 13's on the rear. Dont quote me on that though as it may not be true lol
broster
Premium Member

26th Jan 05 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought as long as the ywere the same on the axel then its ok.....copper seemed to thing you had to have the same wheels on all round, what about these big fatty cars with 19 on the rear and 18 on the front....? dont know if thats standard tho
PaulW

26th Jan 05 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah as long as the rolling radius is the same for both sets of wheels you'll be fine

think about it... some cars have 18's up front & 19's at the rear as standard...
PaulW

26th Jan 05 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bah you replied with the same i did

[Edited on 26-01-2005 by PaulW]
broster
Premium Member

26th Jan 05 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, so he should ignore what the old bill said! copper was a numpty, told him hed go and check up on him to make sure he wasnt moving his car! will only be for a wee ktops as he is waiting on some 17's
PaulW

26th Jan 05 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easiest way - takt it to a test station or ring the VOSA and ask them, but I am sure aslong as the rolling radius is the same & the wheels/tyres dont stick out from the bodywork, they should be fine
Robbo

26th Jan 05 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant be right coz Audis etc xcome with space saver tyres that are smaller... im sure thats only sposed 2 be used short term tho so probs only legal for like 7 days or so

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » wheel stuff-legal issue 22 database queries in 0.0073159 seconds