corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Awsome Race Yesterday!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Awsome Race Yesterday!
Macca_G

User status: Offline
   14th Feb 05 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate took me out in his Vectra V6 yesterday after another tuning mod... after the 3.2 cams, flywheel, 4 bar fuel reg, magnex, viper and just had it decatted so went for a blast to see the difference should be about 225BHP now...

we were on the bypass and it was feeling bloody rapid.. then in front we spot an Evo 6 really nice looking gray one with some kind of uprated exhaust... So i was like go on just give it a go.. and off we went as we got on the bypass this thing looked nutts coz he clocked us straight away and booted it, it was snaking all over so we join the bypass with him in front pulling away putting a few meters down from 40-70 as it was fairly busy and manage to get a free shot so pull at the side around 70-80 and both boot it with the Vec screaming its head off and couldn't believe it we pull to the side and over take him blast it up to 120 (Him not far behind)and come to the end of the bypass we nail it round the bypas round about on our way back and he is still there so my mate knocks off the TC and gives it full chat out of this round about with him behind

We get on the same stretch of bypass the other way, this time totally clear (him about 7 car lengths behind) so accelerating out of this bypass (No V6 lag coz of the light flywheel) the Vectra pushing me in my seat 60-70 80 up to 140 he still can't catch us.. and he slowly creeps about 5 car lengths away with the Vectra sounding nutts we slow down and they pull at the side of us and give a funny look with a grin on their face (Bunch of asian lads)

So we go back round again this time with them in front and from about 20 ... back off the round about and they boost it and instantly it puts down 5-6-7 car lengths it looked alot quicker low down and then from 80 back up to about 120-30ish there was nothing in it... and even before not a huge amount! god knows whether it was standard or not but we gave it a good run for its money and seemed almost as quick esspecially higher up i know one thing - my standard V6 SRI would have been left for dead but that cars is a beast now! Was shaking and laughing my head off after that pretty impressive i thought

[Edited on 14-02-2005 by Macca_G]
vibrio
Banned

14th Feb 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll be lucky to see 200hp
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

14th Feb 05 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, sounds crazy. Must have been pretty fun

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
SetH

14th Feb 05 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vibrio is correct, I had more engine mods than that on my Veccy GSi and even after remapping with a unichip it made 206 bhp.

Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its already been rolling roaded at 215.4 BHP (Before the decat) Its well known that the V6 figures are all over the place.. he knows a few people off VVOC that have less mods and more power and more mods and less power.. it is strange...
vibrio
Banned

14th Feb 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the standard power. what version of V6
SetH

14th Feb 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get It RR again and post the graph, really curious to see it. And yes V6 figures are all over the place but with that 4bar fuel reg and no remapping fuelling could be all over the place.
Jambo

14th Feb 05 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 225bhp vectra vs an evo?

Nismo

14th Feb 05 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id feel bad if i was the evo driver

a vectra keeping up
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graph is here mate... http://www.vvoc.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=109 He had an ECU upgrade yesterday as well after the decat, got a few mates that work at vauxhall so put the latest V6 software on - not sure if it made a difference as the decat was done on the same day... still its bloody rapid..
Stu

14th Feb 05 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would have thought a Vectra would need 300bhp+ to beat a standard Evo 6, with its extra lard and its lack of traction especially off the roundabout!

Probably a kitted up Lancer 2.0 GDI!
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.s. i know people will disagree etc.. but the race happend yesterday - its a fact i wouldn't post bullsh*t and he did seem quicker lower down and pulled away quite quickly but then we just held the gap...
Jambo

14th Feb 05 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one doubts its rapid macca, i have near that power in a 900kg car and i dont reckon i could have one!

Evo's are a different league there, he probably wasnt trying
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL... well the owners previous car was a 343BHP cossie - he knows his stuff .. The Vectra feels no slower than my uncles subaru WRX bar the launch scooby's 4x4 is awsome to 40-ish after that both cars are pretty nutts to 130-40
vibrio
Banned

14th Feb 05 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Macca_G
Graph is here mate... http://www.vvoc.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=109 He had an ECU upgrade yesterday as well after the decat, got a few mates that work at vauxhall so put the latest V6 software on - not sure if it made a difference as the decat was done on the same day... still its bloody rapid..

but what is it standard. that graph is all over the place

64.5 drag somthing seriously going wrong there for a FWD
Nismo

14th Feb 05 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are not doubting the power , but as Jambo said the Evo is a different league of car , you say you seen a zorst , so if that was a full system and possibly a few other stage 1 bits he will be seeing over 300bhp plus the 4wd , theres a possibility he may have only been playing with you.
Ditch

14th Feb 05 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Macca_G
Its already been rolling roaded at 215.4 BHP (Before the decat) Its well known that the V6 figures are all over the place.. he knows a few people off VVOC that have less mods and more power and more mods and less power.. it is strange...

Its called inaccurate dyno's

sounds like a nice race though, my money is on the Evo 6 wasnt really trying... whats the 60-100 times of both cars? standard trim...?
SetH

14th Feb 05 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at that Graph torque is quite low compared to bhp for a veccy v6. The ECU flash vaux did must have been map for a standard car? I suspect with a remap he might see a good increase in torque accross the rev range but still think 225bhp is optimistic.

Still when modding these it does make a world of difference to driveability, especially with the lighter flywheel. Takes away some of that lazy cruise feel and makes it a bit more punchy and responsive, even if power gains on paper aernt that great.
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
we are not doubting the power , but as Jambo said the Evo is a different league of car , you say you seen a zorst , so if that was a full system and possibly a few other stage 1 bits he will be seeing over 300bhp plus the 4wd , theres a possibility he may have only been playing with you.

Spose you can never really tell if they are trying other than he looked shocked when he pulled at the side but was fun anyway to be able to play with it in a Vec I reckon 1/4 mile it would have destroyed it but higher up it seemed to run out of steam
Jambo

14th Feb 05 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got any pix of the vectra?

Gsi's are shexy.
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the link i posed mate.. TBH we both know whats expected of the car as its been racing a Civic Type R everyday on the way to work since it was standard.. used to get beat - since the billet flywheel it kept up and the other mods saw it beating the Type R - the guy he races has the same route to work so they always try an beat each other... We both expected the Evo to leave him for dead or just keep pulling away... but as you say maybe he was just playing, he seemed to know how to drive it and still couldn't over take us on the second run ... he must have been giving it some to keep up...
Patrick

14th Feb 05 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is funny..
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on...why?
nik

14th Feb 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say the either was A) not trying or B) fucked I'll dig out some in gear times..

Even a standard Evo 6 is streets ahead of a CTR, I mean really streets ahead through the gears.

[Edited on 14-02-2005 by nik]
Patrick

14th Feb 05 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any Evo running well would piss over a Vectra bumping out 225bhp.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Awsome Race Yesterday! 23 database queries in 0.0100400 seconds