corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had an accident :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just had an accident :(
Paul_J

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 05 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was coming home from legoland (where I work) - on some country roads, doing about 60 (it's national speed limit). I came round a corner and there was a car on my side of the road overtaking about 3 cars!!!

I put the brakes on but my ABS isn't working at the moment - so the rear wheels locked and the car went to fish tail... To avoid this guy that was heading for me, I had to put my car into the ditch

Anyway, the guy pulled over - Along with about 3/4 other people who started having a go at this guy that was trying to overtake so many cars on a blind bend!

I have 4 witnesses, saying he was in the wrong.

I've got his details (he was in a company car). The guy in the picture was an absolutely top guy - he pulled my car out of the ditch with the land rover. the sound of crunching metal was not pleasant against the trees as he pulled it out.

The problem is, although the guy has admitted he was in the wrong, I don't want to go through insurance! As I'd lose my NCB and not be able to afford to insure this car.

So I said to him it'd be best if we went private and he agreed, so now I'm hoping it won't be much money to get fixed.

It still drives ok, though at about 50 mph the steering wheel shakes a bit - Car's booked in tommorrow get looked at.

Front bumper is wrecked, Wing is dented, Door is scratched and dented. Wing mirror is a bit fucked. But other than that, I can't see anything wrong.

Will have to see what the mechanics say, but at the moment I'm gutted

Paul J
Half Pint

23rd Mar 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's his fault so you will not loose your no claims
Pablo

23rd Mar 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on the phone to steve I jus told him the news
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint

Really? but won't I have to say I've had a accident or claim in the last five years?

This car is cursed with bad luck - The previous owners mum said 'Good luck' as I drove it off... Now I see why. Bloody Evo's and people forcing you off road - this car has not been fun and only 16.1 down quarter mile - Piece of shit
3CorsaMeal

23rd Mar 05 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its someone else's fault it comes off their insurance and won't affect yours, you may have to state it when getting new policy but should affect your premium

unlucky btw is some proper twats on the road these days
Half Pint

23rd Mar 05 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

Really? but won't I have to say I've had a accident or claim in the last five years?

This car is cursed with bad luck - The previous owners mum said 'Good luck' as I drove it off... Now I see why. Bloody Evo's and people forcing you off road - this car has not been fun and only 16.1 down quarter mile - Piece of shit

yes you have to tell them buy also that you got full recovery, and it doesn't affect your premium.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P4UL
Im on the phone to steve I jus told him the news

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul.

Glad you hear you are okay man, could of been ALOT worse. Get the car sorted!
broster
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tis all true if he admits fault then your NCB wont be affected at all!! mind your if his was a company car hed most likely want to avoid insurance to stop getting sacked from work.
Andy_N9~DYB

23rd Mar 05 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate works for admiral and in most cases ure insurance will go up more if u were involved in an accident that wasnt your fault compared to if it was

the reason behind this is that if ure tailgating in the rain and u run into the back of them, chances are ull learn a lesson and not do it again

wen sum1 hits u u havent really got a lesson to learn, apparently it makes u less confident on the road resulting in u being a poorer driver
Nismo

23rd Mar 05 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky dude

but like everyone else has said you wont loose your NCB but if he has agreed to do it privatley than all good i guess
bradfincham

23rd Mar 05 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure on that case andy!

Glad to hear you and the car are ok paul
MatthewR

23rd Mar 05 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cooor deary me mate, my uncle died from the same thing, he didnt swerve in time though, had his kids in the back aswell!
Play the lotto 2nite!!!
Half Pint

23rd Mar 05 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wreckless driving on his part, get the police involved and get the insurance involved, you need to make sure you've not twisted the chassis.
Andy_N9~DYB

23rd Mar 05 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know it sounds gay brad but he asures me its true, well from there perspective anyway

im no gonna contradict him after all its how he makes a livin
Fad

23rd Mar 05 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wreckless driving on his part, get the police involved and get the insurance involved, you need to make sure you've not twisted the chassis.

get the insurance involved definately as the work will be guaranteed for five years IIRC? Also the will bear the full cost for any thing structually damaged to the car like faulty hubs etc not just the cosmetic.
jr

23rd Mar 05 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo 100% get the insurance involved, and take it to a pug bodyshop as well
R Lee

23rd Mar 05 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh nuts
Mikorsa16v

23rd Mar 05 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go through insurance man, its going to cost more than your excess i reckon, plus it wont affect your ncb
mav

23rd Mar 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad luck m8..

but as others said get insurance involved, there could be under lying problems on your car now...shouldn't affect no claims or premuims as it's non fault...

chr15barn3s

23rd Mar 05 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky paul, dont arrange it privately with him, go through the insurance, it wasnt your fault so it will only be him who gets screwed over
Jambo

23rd Mar 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone said I have to report the accident to the police before I can go through insurance? is this true?

I'm not the biggest fan of police.
Fad

23rd Mar 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just report it its suposedly the law now the insurance co wil ask you if youv'e done it. Its to prevent fraud and if you dont disclose it they will think your hidding something

do it the proper way boy i did and it worked out for the best cos i had extra work done when other problems prevailed after the accident at the other parties cost
Red_SXi

23rd Mar 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a non-fault accident mate, will not effect future insurance costs or your NCB

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had an accident :( 22 database queries in 0.1311769 seconds