corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dismantling AngelEye/Headlights- (PICS INSIDE) UPDATE :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dismantling AngelEye/Headlights- (PICS INSIDE) UPDATE :)
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   28th Mar 05 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Sonar" corsa-B angel eyes problem! the ring in both sides stopped working, but driver side somtimes flashes on/off for a while!

BUT! no screws on back to remove the front clear lens! its sealed around the edge were the lens meets the black edge, and has metal clips along it which CAN be removed!

long and expensive to return back to germany were ordered from, as think its just a case of opening the headlight and replacing the L.E.D.s with some good quality/rated ones??

What could/should i do, to open them??

[Edited on 29-03-2005 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
1.6 Sport BadBoy

28th Mar 05 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grr, mine have just done this. havent had a gud look at them yet but im opting for the safe option and sending them bak

V.annoying considering how much thet cost
MoNkEy MaGiC

28th Mar 05 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just had a look at the driver side, and it was just flashing on/off!!

took whole headlight out and took inside the house and connected just the ring upto a 6 volt battery and it worked fine but dim because its only 6volts!!!!!!!!!

NOTE: the sidelight bulb which is separate is also a LED, the ring wiring is connected to the sidelight bulb, so theirs two sources feeding of this one conection, the ring and sidelight.

any ideas what could be wrong???
im thinking the 12volts from the car is too much! i could try puttin in a resistor??
1.6 Sport BadBoy

28th Mar 05 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neh, the LED sidelights already have small resisters built into the housing. again mines the same, got the white LED sidelights in. am gutted mate; coz they really look well when they work.

Gonna try taking mine out nd have a gud look at it. i know i sealed the wiring correctly coz i soldered, put heat srink round the joint and even wraped it in insulation tape!

what a ball ache
RCoughtrie

28th Mar 05 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sure no water got into them ?

and now they have been inside its dryed out, and makes the full connection ?

[Edited on 28-03-2005 by RCoughtrie]
Chris182

28th Mar 05 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'v got these aswell, but my led rings are sill working, but one of them has faded to near white, while the other has stayed a blue colour, spoilin the look. does the front plastic come off somehow, after removing those metal clips securing it?
Korsa

28th Mar 05 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine work fine on 12v
MoNkEy MaGiC

29th Mar 05 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just finished fixing them!!
ALSO ive transformed mine into UK-LEGAL spec!!

took me bloody 2 days, lots of cuts and sore hands!!
no water got in, it wasnt any accidental damage/bad wiring, its just cheap/bad parts used for the LED ring component!

and so, Note: to anyone who has these lights, the rings "WILL" eventually stop working as ive come across these type of leds before and they dont last!

i had to slowly literally pull the front lens off! (long and difficult process) using a small and large chisle, then when i finished i used some strong glue and sealed it back up and squeezed it back on then put the clips back on!

the rings use 2x 5mm leds on a small circuit board type system! i had to soldier in some new and better leds and resistors!(long and messy process)
i used blue leds! and ran a wire inside for the earth to a switch so i can turn them off/on

if you have these lights its "most" likely they are non uk-spec and the beam angle is higher/flicks upwards, towards the right of each beam! wont pass mot!
behind the dipped beam glass/circle, after a bit of dismantling, is a metal plate that creates that extra angle on the wrong side of the beams, i turned it around, literally 180 degrees and screwed it back in, and now the angle is fine, up towards the left of each beam

they are a very good build and overall quality, but lack user freindly, coz u cant use the electric adjuster and they not really designed to be completely re-opened as i did to fix them!

for £200 you would expect them to be perfect!

[Edited on 29-03-2005 by MoNkEy MaGiC]

New Poll