corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removed sidestrips.... now the paints fooked

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removed sidestrips.... now the paints fooked
dna23

User status: Offline
1st Apr 05 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i took one side strip off a long time back and found some underlying milky like colour on the paint itself, this halted me from taking them all off but i spoke to a local bloke who does bodywork and he said he could get rid of this milky crap so i went and bought a caramel (eraser) wheel to take the strip off but it seems that once i'd done this both the eraser wheel and the glue have attacked the lacquer and paint work.... you can see it clearly in the pics below

I took it to the chap to do and he mopped both sides of the car and he did a blinding job got all of the milkyness out and made it extremely shiny but there was nothing he could do to sort out the paintwork problems its cos vauxhall used a water based paint or something and it was so soft it just got attacked by the glue and wheels heat....

anyway i can live with it for the time being as its hardly noticeable until your really close up to it but what should i do? i really like it with them off? should i get the entire panels resprayed? shud i get someone like chips away or a bodyshop to have a go at sorting just the rub strips area? or finally but not what i really wanna do put them back on...

i'm personally tending more to the save up money and have resprayed when i get bumper bits done .etc

basically show ure sympathy, take the piss or tell me what i should do lol... as u can tell from the pics its all how u look at it and how close u r? shud i live with it for a while....

loo_goblin

1st Apr 05 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did the mopping cost ya?
RichR
Premium Member

1st Apr 05 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put them back on - get them painted to match car!!!! easier method than respraying both sides of the car
loo_goblin

1st Apr 05 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got sum brand new ones sitting in my room
broster
Premium Member

1st Apr 05 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine were like that but MSutton off here did a blinging job of making it all ok, basically he used panel wipe on the paint to remove all the left over shit like you have then all i had to do was tcut the car to get rid of the gay faded pinkness
Jonster

1st Apr 05 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lose the sxi badges and fit colour coded strips
Jambo

1st Apr 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine were 10x worse than that.

I just got my car painted again

T-cut made little difference to mine!
dna23

1st Apr 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mopping was only 10 quid cos i knew the bloke... i really don't want em back on reckon im gonna respray after time.... sad times
infinitycorsa

1st Apr 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wander if the door has had an accident on and has been resprayed...mine had been and the paint came off :S
Carr

1st Apr 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave em off it's ahrdly noticable maybe a bit of t-cut. If you are getting a respray anyway then just wait

New Poll