corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stock or Performance ????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stock or Performance ????
Captain_Rosco

User status: Offline
8th Apr 05 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a one of those 3 cylinder, 12 valve monsters.

I’ve owned it for 2 years, and most of the parts are standard Vauxhall parts. The car has just gone over 45,000 miles and parts are starting to wear.

The brakes are wearing out
Clutch starting to slip
Manifold and exhaust system blowing (thanks to cnuts at Kwik-Fit )

My question is, seeing as I have to replace all of these standard parts anwyas, would it be worth getting something that would make the car perform smoother and better, or should just stick to Vauxhall parts ???

Usually I wouldn’t have thought twice about something like this, but seeing as they need to be replaced/fixed, and I will soon have a load of spare cash to burn why not make it a lil better ????

Anyone with any suggestions ????

simonp

8th Apr 05 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get can upgrade the current parts on your using Vauxhall bits. IE, the brakes you could upgrade to 288mm+ dependant upon wheel size.

[Edited on 08-04-2005 by simonp]
langey

let it blow up, then get a bigger engine lol
Twiggy

Weigh it in dude IMO!!!
langey

8th Apr 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by simonp
You can get can upgrade the current parts on your using Vauxhall bits. IE, the brakes you could upgrade to 208mm+ dependant upon wheel size.

why would he want to waste cash on big breaks and all it has to stop is the equivalant too a moped
Jambo

8th Apr 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave fit an x16xe. new zorst and bigger brakes i have some 1.4sport brakes lying around if u want em
loo_goblin

8th Apr 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 brkaes better than 1.2 8v?
Captain_Rosco

8th Apr 05 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
quote:
You can get can upgrade the current parts on your using Vauxhall bits. IE, the brakes you could upgrade to 208mm+ dependant upon wheel size.

why would he want to waste cash on big breaks and all it has to stop is the equivalant too a moped

I was thinking about bigger brakes, just to show off with and fill up space in the wheels.

Not sure whats worng with buying better parts even if it's for showing off with.

James - Cheers mate I want to fit either a 16XE or a LET really, but not sure how Reliable it would be, seeing as i would be installing an older engine into my car

Even with all the problems you and Steve have had, would you really say a LET is the way forward ????

Jambo

8th Apr 05 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a question of money dave.

Its an older engine things do go wrong. If you have the money, the more u replacve/rebuild the more reliable it will be.

I LOVE my car since ive got the engine, plus im never selling the engine. Its going i na mk3 astra nxt
Captain_Rosco

8th Apr 05 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
a question of money dave.

Its an older engine things do go wrong. If you have the money, the more u replacve/rebuild the more reliable it will be.

I LOVE my car since ive got the engine, plus im never selling the engine. Its going i na mk3 astra nxt

Where did you get you LET conversion from ???

who worked on it, to make you wanna keep it for another porject ???

Jambo

8th Apr 05 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee di conversion and i got the engine from a guy called shinee.

Its not about that its about the fact the engine design C20LET that is not my particular one especially is amazing and i wouldnt wanna get rid of it iever
loo_goblin

8th Apr 05 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat sort of dump valve u got on ur beast jambo??? i think a nice chatte rone would be kool
Captain_Rosco

8th Apr 05 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Rosco

I have a one of those 3 cylinder, 12 valve monsters.

I’ve owned it for 2 years, and most of the parts are standard Vauxhall parts. The car has just gone over 45,000 miles and parts are starting to wear.

The brakes are wearing out
Clutch starting to slip
Manifold and exhaust system blowing (thanks to cnuts at Kwik-Fit )

My question is, seeing as I have to replace all of these standard parts anwyas, would it be worth getting something that would make the car perform smoother and better, or should just stick to Vauxhall parts ???

Usually I wouldn’t have thought twice about something like this, but seeing as they need to be replaced/fixed, and I will soon have a load of spare cash to burn why not make it a lil better ????

Anyone with any suggestions ????

Back to the orginal question......any one esle with an Opinion ?????

loo_goblin

8th Apr 05 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, mite aswel get performance unless u can get stock at trade prices like me
ed

8th Apr 05 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Performance' Clutches - i.e. Black Diamond are the same as GM ones, they just cost more. Just get a std. exhaust and a fancy back box and upgrading the brakes could be a good idea, would look nicer and perform better, don't bother getting fnacy disks on your std brakes though, no point...
Jake

8th Apr 05 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loo_goblin
wat sort of dump valve u got on ur beast jambo??? i think a nice chatte rone would be kool

compressor surge?
Captain_Rosco

8th Apr 05 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
'Performance' Clutches - i.e. Black Diamond are the same as GM ones, they just cost more. Just get a std. exhaust and a fancy back box and upgrading the brakes could be a good idea, would look nicer and perform better, don't bother getting fnacy disks on your std brakes though, no point...

I've already got a standard exhaust system and a fancy back box....it's just blowing every where.

And seeing as it needs replacing, would it be worth getting a de-cat, Straight through, or another cat ???

I also want a change of exit pipe, so what looks good ????

The Manifold, is also blowing. So what should i do about that ????
Reseal the gasket, or go for something better ????

As for the brakes.....i would replace both disks and pads.

So what do you Recommend ?

simonp

9th Apr 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It's 'brakes' btw. All I was doing was giving him a hint at things he could do without the need to go aftermarket.
langey

9th Apr 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's 'brakes' btw. All I was doing was giving him a hint at things he could do without the need to go aftermarket.

i wasnt havin a go, i was just sayin seems like a bit of a waste. big brakes on it and as soon as you press the brakes the car will hit a complete stand still lol.
simonp

9th Apr 05 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah! LOL

Best project for the C is a Z20LET IMHO. Something I'd like to try if I could spare the cash....but another car is awaiting me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stock or Performance ???? 22 database queries in 0.0111818 seconds