corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PHONE RELATED Q!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PHONE RELATED Q!!
ScottyBrum

User status: Offline
11th Apr 05 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right won an auction on ebay yesterday for a Nokia 6630 sim free but its on vodaphone, i had no feedback on ebay as never bought anything before, so had to email the guy to ask if it was ok to bid as that was stated on the auction. Anyways in my request i wrote that i have found a tariff on 3network (i know not the best) But for £1.99 a month you get 500 x-network/anytime mins and 100 texts

Anyways today he emails me with this...............

Hi Scott

As you know that the phone I am selling is simlocked to Vodafone network but
there should not be a problem to have it unlocked to take other sims from
most other networks. However, I just found out last night that the handsets
and simcards from 3 networks can generally not be used with handsets and
simcards provided by other networks.

I do not wish to see you get disappointed after receiving the phone so
Please let me know if you still want to go ahead with the purchase, because
it may not work with the 3 network. I wait to hear from you before I go to
the Post Office.

Is he right does anyone know if what he is stating true, on 1 hand im thinking fair play trying to save me from being disappointed, and on the other hand im thinking now i've told him about the tariff (as he did start asking Q's about it) that he may want to keep it himself!!!

Anyone can enlighten me on the info he's said is true or not would be a great help

Cheers, Scott
Colin

11th Apr 05 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1.99 a month you get 500 x-network/anytime mins and 100 texts <- Where/what/Eh
Marc

11th Apr 05 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think hes being honest with you personally.
Matt H

11th Apr 05 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most phones work on a system called GSM. There are 4 bands (900, 1800, 1900 & 2100)

900 & 1800 are for use within most of the world. 1900 is for America. 2100 is for South America & the more remote places in America.

3 phones use a differant system called UMTS. It is a much faster network system that allows video calling & streaming.

Because the 3 sims are designed to work at a higher network speed they won't work in most other phones (IE - dual, tri & quad band phones)

The 6630 is going to be released on the 3 network very soon anyway sh you shouldn't have any trouble once its been unlocked & all the correct settings have been put onto it

I think you'll struggle to find anywhere that can unlock it to be honest. I know Nismo had problems finding someone to do his
ScottyBrum

11th Apr 05 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin go to www.threemobilephones.co.uk and the special deals are there, get a crap phone hense i went for the 6630 off ebay, decent phone, good tariff
Marc

11th Apr 05 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Most phones work on a system called GSM. There are 4 bands (900, 1800, 1900 & 2100)

900 & 1800 are for use within most of the world. 1900 is for America. 2100 is for South America & the more remote places in America.

3 phones use a differant system called UMTS. It is a much faster network system that allows video calling & streaming.

Because the 3 sims are designed to work at a higher network speed they won't work in most other phones (IE - dual, tri & quad band phones)

The 6630 is going to be released on the 3 network very soon anyway sh you shouldn't have any trouble once its been unlocked & all the correct settings have been put onto it

I think you'll struggle to find anywhere that can unlock it to be honest. I know Nismo had problems finding someone to do his

Youre like a mobile phone god!
chris-sri

11th Apr 05 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When vodafone lock their handsets they put their "live" menu system on the phones. It may be possible to remove the network lock but the phone would not have the necessary settings to connect to the 3 services (video downloads etc) more than likely gonna be a nightmare to sort out if at all possible. I would steer clear tbh because there are loads of good deals on the high st on 3 @ the moment.

I guess it really depends on how much its gonna cost you off ebay! Hope this helps
BlueCorsa

11th Apr 05 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 6630 will be a cnut to unlock - I don't think anyone can do them yet? (apart from getting the unlock code from Vodafone directly - which only the account holder that originally owned the phone can do).

I'm still waiting for someone to crack the BB5 Nokias (like 6630, 9300 and 9500) so I can get my Orange 6630 unlocked

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PHONE RELATED Q!! 22 database queries in 0.0097761 seconds