corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Im a t*at

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Im a t*at
britaxcooper

User status: Offline
12th Apr 05 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Passed my test this morning, everything was fine, 5 minors.

Thought id do a 15mile drive to meet a mate of mine i know, got abit carried away on the bypass where i know police are and was caught speeding.

My own fault i know and ive learnt my lesson, should look at the speedo more too.

JUst curious what happens now though, i know ive got to go down to the station within 7 days from midnight, is it a total of £40 quid fine and 3 points? i was 25mph over apparently

[Edited on 12-04-2005 by britaxcooper]
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 05 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've just got to go to the station then you've not been done?

Does the form say HORT1 on the top?
Paul_J

12th Apr 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha that is pretty stupid.

What limit road was it?

dual carriage way? limit is 60 or 70? - 25 over? 95 mph

ouch... you may be lucky with 3 points and 60 pound fine...
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah very stupid, but learnt my lesson i garentee. I know they were there yesterday tho

It was a 60 limit, very very wide 2 way bypass.

It does say HORT1 at the top, got tick boxes saying i need to take MOT, insurance and my nice 1 day old pass cert in within 7days. So if im feeling brave ill do it tomorrow.
Ben
Banned

12th Apr 05 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought thats just a producrer
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 05 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HORT1 is a producer. You just need to produce your documents at a police station and you won't get done. Lucky guy.
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not so lucky, because i have another form on with NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION on so i understand now that the other is the producer as i didnt have the docs on me. This other is the fine one?
Paul_J

12th Apr 05 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did they say to you though?

Surely if they're giving him summons or something he might still get done though?

When I got done for 101 mph - they gave me a producer only! but have told me to expect a letter for summons in 28 days (over 2 months and counting ) ...

But surely that could be what happened here?
ed

12th Apr 05 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Learn your lesson, being banned isn't fun, and they are reluctant to give you your licence back even thoughyour ban may be up and you have sent all the money... God damn DVLA
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 05 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Intended prosecution - means it will go to court.

You may be able to plead guilty to 10-15mph over, which should only be £40 plus around the same again in costs, plus 3 points.
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah so will i have to appear in court? never ever had anything like this or ever had any police incidents, pretty worried. Will it be 3 points and a 60 quid fine? or is it going to be worse?

Wrighty

12th Apr 05 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was this selby bypass cooper?
Paul_J

12th Apr 05 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Intended prosecution - means it will go to court.

You may be able to plead guilty to 10-15mph over, which should only be £40 plus around the same again in costs, plus 3 points.

Otherwise 6 points in first 2 years of driving = Bye bye license... Need Retake...

Gutted for ya

What about me ian? The guy only gave me a producer at the road side - with excessive speed written on it (no actual figures) - which I took to my station with my documents... (it said on producer forward to middlessex station - which was the area I got caught) ...

The guy 'said' I have the right to remain silent etc (Police Caution)

and also said I should get a letter for summons within 28 days (is this the Notice of Intended Prosecution) ?

I've had no letter of actual N.I.P - or Summons or even seen any evidence / police statement.

Paul J
Paul_J

12th Apr 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by britaxcooper
Ah so will i have to appear in court? never ever had anything like this or ever had any police incidents, pretty worried. Will it be 3 points and a 60 quid fine? or is it going to be worse?

If it was going to be 3 points and a 60 fine - they would of issued you with a fixed penalty there and then for that. summons means it's up to the courts... suggesting higher than 3 points (i.e. 6) - you could plead for 3 points, but considering your inexperience of driving (passed same day) - they may frown on it and give you the ban

Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 05 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to court and came away with 3 points.

Offence was 75 in a 40. Pleaded guilty to 55.
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this doesnt look good, it says C) exceeding a speed limit, +85mph @1941.1meters.

I hoenstly didnt notice the speed, but i was caught by a laser........so if thats correct its correct, so im guessing that im going to court?

I really dont like this!
Ben
Banned

12th Apr 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus thats a nightmare situation.

1st day passed and your probably looking at a ban tbh

i feel sorry for you fella.

id do what ian said and plead guilty for a slower speed and hope you get 3 points.

if you get away with 3 points -slow down a bit
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
jesus thats a nightmare situation.

1st day passed and your probably looking at a ban tbh

i feel sorry for you fella.

id do what ian said and plead guilty for a slower speed and hope you get 3 points.

if you get away with 3 points -slow down a bit

how could i plead guilty for a lower speed than the laser said though? i dont really know what my speed was, im shitting it now!

but yeah your last comment, i have slowed down but i dont think that will help now.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 05 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a speed documented then you can't really plead lesser. Mine was just a statement.

85 in a 60 isn't the end of the world. I wouldn't worry too much.
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
85 in a 60 isn't the end of the world. I wouldn't worry too much.

well yes it could have been worse, totally clear road, with no turn off or junctions. But when you say its not the end of the world it could be is there anywhere to find out where i stand?

This is the site i saw, http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Accused_Home/SpeedVSFines/SpeedVSFines.htm

it says +25 is 4points. Doesnt really say its a ban till its over 26mph which it suggests is a court summons?

Help!
Paul_J

12th Apr 05 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm... What if it's 2 police officers looking at their car's calibrated speedo and trying to keep the distance between us equal ... Could I plead a lesser speed to that you reckon?
James_DT

12th Apr 05 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't they just use VASCAR (sp?) instead of their speedo?
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the GPS (roadangel) shows all car speeds are 5mph fast, so i probably was really doing 80. But then i cant understand why the police laser was showing 85 if they have theirs calibrated to speed speed which as i said is roughly 5mph out
James_DT

12th Apr 05 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't think GPS was 5mph out, seems a lot for something that's accurate to something like 4 metres.
You learn something everyday, it seems.
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the GPS thats out, all car speeds are so many % out when they leave the factory, the GPS is more accurate of course, it uses the satalites high up in the atmosphere so its incredably accurate, So really anything you do in your car deduct 5mph. But if i was clocked at 85, it would have shown 90 on the clock which im sure it didnt, although the police might have their guns calibrated to what the speedo says not a GPS reading.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Im a t*at 22 database queries in 0.0134120 seconds