corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » temperature gauge is not working, but all other gauges work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author temperature gauge is not working, but all other gauges work
Dean_H

User status: Offline
26th Apr 05 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi my girlfriends 1.2 8v corsa's temperature gauge is not working, but the speedo and fuel gauges work. So can i rule out that the connections behind the speedo is working.

Opened up the bonnet and there is a wire that connects into the radiator, i have checked this and is connected correctly and ive traced the cable and it doesnt look damaged.
Is this the cable for the sensor? where is the sensor? anyone fixed this problem in the past? what was the problem?

Btw the gauge is constantly on 0 and im worried the car will overheat cause im sure the fan aint kicking in because of this.

Cheers
Greasemonkey

26th Apr 05 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ya know where the coolant temperature sensor is check the blue plug is correctly connected then there will be a little blck wire that pushes onto the end of another sensor, you will see what i mean
marklawton

26th Apr 05 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would like to no this because since i bought my corsa, my temperature gauge doesnt work either and i also have a mate with a corsa and his doesnt work either
Dean_H

26th Apr 05 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure mate where the coolant temp sensor is, ill check in the haynes manual and check all around that area, if all looks well sensor is fuked? expensive part?
Greasemonkey

26th Apr 05 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah not expensive the sensor isnt the one with the blue plug but the wire comes out from the same location, its to the left of ya thermostate, top left front of ya engine, there will be what looks like a nipple near the collant temp sensor the little black plug pushes on this, give the connectors a clean as well
Dean_H

26th Apr 05 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do cheers !

New Poll