corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dvd screens in cars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dvd screens in cars
philb

User status: Offline
10th May 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking about getting 3 screens for in my car 2 visors and one stand alone.
can i link 3 screens to a dvd player and what will i need to do this ( i want the sound through my car speakers :thumbs
philb

10th May 05 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on peeps. I need info asap
Richie

10th May 05 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok you would need obviously the DVD player, then a screen amplifier (like a 1-4 or 1-7 output model) to keep the strength of the signal to the screens nice and clean, and to put the sound through your headunit you will need a headunit with Aux In capability.
philb

10th May 05 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i knew you would help me
whats a screen amplifier? how much? any links?
I've been told i need an fm modulator or something
Richie

10th May 05 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your head unit doesnt have an Aux In already using an FM modulator is the only other way around it, but the quality compared to using an aux in isnt as good.

The way it works is you plug your audio RCA's from the DVD player into the FM modulator, then your FM modulator plugs in between your aerial and stereo. Then to get the sound, you have to tune into a certain frequency on the headunit, which the FM modulator will determine (there are usually a few so it doesnt interfere with other radio stations)

A screen amplifier is like a powered distribution block, or line driver.

It has one input (from your dvd player) then it gives you 4 or 7 outputs or however many it determines. You can then run up to that amount of screens from a single source.

They look like this:

You can order them at halfords, its a Veba AVVA, i paid £25 for mine, it may be a bit deerer at halfords.

philb

10th May 05 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers

New Poll