corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » alien hominid - my review

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alien hominid - my review
Greg_M

User status: Offline
25th May 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having had my promo copy of this game for over a week now, i actually decided to play it last night. So i thought id post a little review seeing as it not out till friday (iirc). The screen shots arnt mine as i dont have the facility.

Produced by the Behemoth, a somewhat unknown games producer in europe. I must admit i didnt expect much from it seeing as it derived from a JAVA flash game thats been on the net for ages now.(newsgrounds.com) But i gave it a chance, and must admit is quite good.

Its all 2-d flash style (cartoonish) animation based, it follows a scrolling basis, but dont let that put you off.

The game play itself folows the same format as side scrolling games of the 90's (Double dragen, streets of rage). Which makes a fresh change to the endless production of FPS and driving games.

It has great touches it the game play, and even contains end of level bosses. The animation although all hand drawn is excelent, the explosions are particularly impressive concidering the production method.

However the controls are a little complicated at times, and the game style leads itself to become a tad repetative. i.e. kill a few bad guys, walk along a bit kill a few more.

If you love retro games, and were a gamer in the 90's then alien hominid is for you. However some gamers may find it all a bit childish.

[Edited on 25-05-2005 by Greg_M]

New Poll