corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa SXI lights on then off then on???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa SXI lights on then off then on???
jam86

User status: Offline
   7th Jun 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is my first time here so hello everyone.

My missus has a Corsa 51 reg (corsa c?). Whilst in warranty we played tennis between vauxhall and the house. Airbag lights would come on sometimes (when driving) then works normally. Sometimes airbag light never goes off. (vauxhall said - no fault found)
It also had a problem with the steering lock sometimes wouldn't work. Although when I pulled up outside Vauxhall and it didn't lock and I told the bloke to just get in and try for yourself. Phoned me back 6 hours later - no fault found.
Recently the temp sensor has been saying 50 degree's !!!! then -9.

Seems to play up when the ambient temp of the car is high. (not engine temp but overall car temp)

The whole thing is just screwed up. I posted this question on the astra-sport forum but they all said take it back to Vauxhall and tell them you reported problems under warranty so the claim would still be valid. I really cannot be bothered with hassling Vauxhall. Has anyone got any ideas as to what it can be? I just want it fixed so to shut me missus up from moaning.

In desperate help to save ears from aching
jam
Will94

7th Jun 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sound like nigglin little things..... i have a corsa B so cant say anything specific, but this could be a quirk thats easily sorted or your car happened to have a batch of dodgy sensors!
May not sound like the easy answer but i'd reccommend taking it back to vauxhall and saying regardless of there being "no fault found" it isnt normal, and you want it fixed. You will have to be firm about it, since most companies these days dont wanna know when the shit hits the fan!
CorsAsh

7th Jun 05 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly try disconnecting the battery and leaving it overnight or something, clear the vehicle wiring ECUs of any issues. Make sure with someone in the know that this won't have an adverse effect though.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 05 at 01:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if the car is out of warrenty, Vauxhall will pay a contribution if the car has a history of similar faults. It also helps if it has full history.

Treating each fault individually:

Airbag light must record a fault code, I'm sure you need to get this diagnosed if it reappears.

Steering lock is mechanical?

Temp sensor can be replaced? Scrappy?

New Poll