corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » motocross bikes?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author motocross bikes?
mad4corsa

User status: Offline
   14th Jun 05 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's got one on here?
looking to buy one for the summer had a few before, start to miss them as soon as the sun comes out
just looking to get one soon, any of you?
pics to if you can
BabyBlade

14th Jun 05 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a crm for sale which is an enduro 250
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont do motorcross - its for posers - do a real motor sport -"trials" - pics of me last weekend

new bike on the way soon - either a sherco or gas gas 250 (the one above is a 94/96 Gas Gas 250) - need a brand new one tho now as theyre more agile
MR2Mike

15th Jun 05 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree - trials riders r miles more skillful, and have alot more fun than flying round in a circle !!
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a shed load of fun -Im riding 1/2 times a week at the mo - been looking at a couple of lovely bikes on Ebay - just waiting for last minute bids - bought a trailer and numerous other things- u cant tell from the photos but theyre on 65+ degree slopes

really get a sense of achievement

Ive raced Motorcross- taken bikes onto the track, had road bikes but Trials comes well above - and £4.50 for a days riding is brilliant

[Edited on 15-06-2005 by LiVe LeE]
Graeme
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah trials ridders aree very skillfull!!!
i do like motorcross bikes especially a YZ125 but have a go on a supermoto and u will love it!!!
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been looking for a yam engine sy250 - very light and agile bikes- my 250 gas gas is okay - but as its 10 years old its quite heavy - been riding my dads 2004 spec one and uncles 05 spec one recently and the stuff u can do on them is even more impressive- need to get the pennies now!!!
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 00:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS to get started, a nike like my red one above is brilliant for starting out - and ost me £400 - I spent £125 on my Airoh helmet ( 600 grammes carbon/kevlar) and £140 on my boots - so for £650 plus £4.50 a day riding - I have a laugh a minute and learn something new every week - only problem is the bikes I really want next are £4k +
Graeme
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u will always want better, i was like that with my bikes!!!
i want to get into trials riding but dont know any trials places around me in bedfordshire!!
bwbw

15th Jun 05 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to race motor cross years ago
S1MON

15th Jun 05 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just sold my kx 125

[Edited on 15-06-2005 by S1MON]
Filby1

15th Jun 05 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a KTM for Crossing 125/250 and Montessa/GasGas of Trials 280cc, Or if you can find one, A high CC Vertemati think there out of bussines in the uk but there is some about

[Edited on 15-06-2005 by Filby1]
boyracer2002

15th Jun 05 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moto-x = awesome used to do it sold up and got into trials wanting to go back now but dad aint lettin me sell the trials bike
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Filby what the fuck - why are u recommending a gas gas 280 for a novice - have you ridden one - theyre psychotic - even for pros - my next door neighbour is an ex works rider - (aged 50 odd now) hes the most amzing rider Ive met -and het got rid of his 280 -three weeks after buying it - and opted for the 250

for a beginner I'd recommend either the pro series txt 200 or an older 250

as for not being able to find tracks- I didnt know any existed around me till I got into it - got talking to a few people- and theres one in my village, one in the next village, and 10+ within 20 miles

I find MotoX really dull in comparison to trials - but each to their own

Graeme
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u know any web sites i could find out more about it cos im really interested?
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gasgasuk.com

try the links there

Colin.S

15th Jun 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to love moto x till i saw my mate break his back on an RM250, put me off two wheels for life.

Im now into quads, buggies, and jetski's. I bought myself a yfz 450 last year which is wicked fun (im sure Kerry and Luke will agree)

A few pics and a short video of the quad

The video is crap quality from my phone

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=14THQ8Y9X1F8R0G5O1G0C8HTTO
BabyBlade

15th Jun 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 250 btw

pedals

15th Jun 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would love a Kawasaki KX 250 for motocross! My mate has a sherco 250 graham jarvis edition trials bike, very nice and can take a lot more places than a cosser! Jet skis look fun also
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking for a new jet ski - possibly a project for this sumemr - new bike and jet ski by spetember- got the perfect jet ski location now

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » motocross bikes? 22 database queries in 0.4034710 seconds