corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MR2 Roadster

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MR2 Roadster
SetH

User status: Offline
16th Jun 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know much about these?

Am i right in saying 137bhp but only weighs 750kg?

1/4 mile, 0-100 time?
SetH

16th Jun 05 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just checked out the cs stats on it, got to weigh a lot more than 750kg looking at the 1/4 time.
ady

16th Jun 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hairdressers car lmao
TNM

16th Jun 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm i will look into it seth.

1.8VVTi engine. Id say they are not as involving as the mk1 and 2.

Nice still tho.
Carl

16th Jun 05 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother has one. I said the same "hairdresser car" etc. Until he brought it round, he dropped on one with all the extras, twin exhaust, leather interior, silver headbar thingys and a toyota rear spoiler. It's ace. feels well low when you sit in it, interior is spot on, the black leather fits perfect with the red car, looks nice and sporty, but still good for an everyday car. Rear wheel drive. It's not the fastest thing on the road but it isn't exactly slow either!

got a few pics,

a few tweeks and it would look shit hot.

[Edited on 16-06-2005 by CrazyCarlo]
TNM

16th Jun 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

975 KG.

Engine BHP CC Fuel Inj.
16 Valve DOHC 138 1794 Yes
Cyl Camshafts Valves/cyl Compressor
4 Double 4 None
Top Speed 0 to 60 BHP per Tonne
129mph 8seconds 143

MarkM

16th Jun 05 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slow
ady

16th Jun 05 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also in red noddy car lmao
TNM

16th Jun 05 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ady

What do you drive?
Carl

16th Jun 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ady

yes now you mention it it looks exactly like it
ady

16th Jun 05 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you drive?

golf gti 2ltr 16v mk2
TNM

16th Jun 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ady
What do you drive?

golf gti 2ltr 16v mk2

Mk1 MR2 at the moment.

And want noddys car yellow?
SetH

16th Jun 05 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every car with a soft top gets called a hairdressers car these days. Just like the word 'CHAV' is being used to describe everyone and everything at the moment.

From the reviews ive read seems to have excellent handling, LSD, decent gear box/shift. basically suppose to be a hoot to drive. I know its not balls out fast, but i amanda wants a 206cc, and im trying to find some alternatives. I had a 206cc for a week in ibiza, and it was the nastiest thing i ever drove, nothing sporty about it whatsover.

There are a a few 00 plate ones around for 8-9k, pretty good value imo.
SetH

16th Jun 05 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next question, i cant find any modded pics of them! are the standard rims 15`s or 16's?

bigger rims and lowered 30mm ish would be a good start.
ady

16th Jun 05 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos a chav then ???

lmfao
AK

16th Jun 05 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much much better than a 206cc...

very good handling and feels much faster than it actually is

much is better than being caught out with a car that you cant feel going fast
Carl

16th Jun 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
Slow

I bet this one is not shy

Carl

16th Jun 05 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this on a forum too, sounds like the guy know what he is on about

"
The Mk3 in standard form is a cracker. Its light (980kg) and its very-very nimble. Its basically a bargain of a sportscar...

It puts out 140bhp/tonne as standard, which is more than enough to see it well past any other version of the MR2 bar the Mk2 turbo. Mk1's and Mk2 NA's are easy prey, (You guys must have seen the Mk1 vs. Mk3 drag race on Top Gear? and lets face it, Mk2 NA's are positively pedestrian) and when it comes to the twisty bits, it'll need a seriously sorted Mk2 to keep up.

Compared against the Elise, well clearly its not as raw, or as driver biased, but its pretty close. With the added bonus of being nearly HALF the price of an elise. Plus you get the cheapest ownership experience I've ever known, almost total reliability, a roof that shows more expensive cars the way in simplicity and effectivness, and no leaks...

And thats just the stock car. The simple fitment of a unichip will add a whole heap of torque and take you to 160bhp/tonne, add Toyota's sportivo suspension kit and a set of sticky tyres and you'll be pulling more lateral G's that you can shake a stick at.

If raw power is your thing then theres an officially sanctioned Toyota TTE turbo kit coming out later this year, which will take the little roadster up into the realms of 200hp/tonne. Not bad for what you guys think is a gay car eh? Especially when you consider it'll be warrantied too... Think of it, you can have a totally sorted 200hp MR2, a second car, and still have change for a round of beers from themoney you'd have spent on a new Elise...

If you prefer frantic revs then the 2ZZ celica/corrolla engine can be swapped in. Its been done, and its not as hard as you'd think either. I've been involved in such a swap recently and I'm amazed at how relatively simple it is.

So, Hairdressers/girls/puffs car eh? Not on on your life... If you want proof of the pudding, check this out...

(IMG:http://mph.florentis.com/mr2/stock-unichip-turbo.png)"
SetH

16th Jun 05 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fook me, that is lush.

just looking at the TRD tuning parts on fensport. I reckon buy one for 8k, 4k on rims, suspension, exhaust manifold/system/decat and unichip you could have a pukka little car.
TNM

16th Jun 05 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth. much much better than a 206cc. If you looked in the back of a 206cc there is no room at all and try sitting in it. Seat are sort of set tilted forward.

Look at the MX5 as well. Not as nice as the MR2 but has heated seats etc etc.
SetH

16th Jun 05 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m8 when we were in ibiza we met up with greg and his gfriend. They sat in the back! seemed to manage it ok, although they arent heffers lol. i need some seats for my fat birds.
TNM

16th Jun 05 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth: Fensport are the daddies.

Sort me out every time. Nothing is too much trouble either.
TNM

16th Jun 05 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
m8 when we were in ibiza we met up with greg and his gfriend. They sat in the back! seemed to manage it ok, although they arent heffers lol. i need some seats for my fat birds.

Greg only weighs in at about 4stone with wet shorts on doesnt he?
MarkM

16th Jun 05 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo
Found this on a forum too, sounds like the guy know what he is on about

"
The Mk3 in standard form is a cracker. Its light (980kg) and its very-very nimble. Its basically a bargain of a sportscar...

It puts out 140bhp/tonne as standard, which is more than enough to see it well past any other version of the MR2 bar the Mk2 turbo. Mk1's and Mk2 NA's are easy prey, (You guys must have seen the Mk1 vs. Mk3 drag race on Top Gear? and lets face it, Mk2 NA's are positively pedestrian) and when it comes to the twisty bits, it'll need a seriously sorted Mk2 to keep up.

Compared against the Elise, well clearly its not as raw, or as driver biased, but its pretty close. With the added bonus of being nearly HALF the price of an elise. Plus you get the cheapest ownership experience I've ever known, almost total reliability, a roof that shows more expensive cars the way in simplicity and effectivness, and no leaks...

And thats just the stock car. The simple fitment of a unichip will add a whole heap of torque and take you to 160bhp/tonne, add Toyota's sportivo suspension kit and a set of sticky tyres and you'll be pulling more lateral G's that you can shake a stick at.

If raw power is your thing then theres an officially sanctioned Toyota TTE turbo kit coming out later this year, which will take the little roadster up into the realms of 200hp/tonne. Not bad for what you guys think is a gay car eh? Especially when you consider it'll be warrantied too... Think of it, you can have a totally sorted 200hp MR2, a second car, and still have change for a round of beers from themoney you'd have spent on a new Elise...

If you prefer frantic revs then the 2ZZ celica/corrolla engine can be swapped in. Its been done, and its not as hard as you'd think either. I've been involved in such a swap recently and I'm amazed at how relatively simple it is.

So, Hairdressers/girls/puffs car eh? Not on on your life... If you want proof of the pudding, check this out...

(IMG:http://mph.florentis.com/mr2/stock-unichip-turbo.png)"

Am I reading right in saying that guy is claiming the Mk3 is faster than the Mk2 Turbo's???
SetH

16th Jun 05 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TNM im fucking getting one. watch this space

cant decide, black, red or that deep metallic blue colour.

my transition to gayness will be complete. i will drive around in it wearing one of my tight vests.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MR2 Roadster 22 database queries in 0.0131199 seconds