corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amplifiers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amplifiers
Butler

User status: Offline
18th Jun 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So technically, what actually is the purpose of an amplifier, im currently running an alpine 350 watt sub through an alpine 250 watt amp, does that mean im loosing out on 100 watts and without an amp what difference would i actually notice? Sorry if i probably sound quite thick to some of you.
MR2Mike

18th Jun 05 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

underpowering a sub will melt the voice coils apparantley - ive been persuaded by ppl on here to sell my amp lol
Butler

18th Jun 05 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i need a 350 watt amp for my 350 watt sub? People always told me that its safer to use a less powerful amp because an amp over 350 watt will blow it????
RKS

19th Jun 05 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jay, i wudnt have thought 100 watts under would make too much difference, what Mike is refering to is would be running a stupidly small amp like a 75 watt amp on your sub,

2 be honest if you ran your sub flat out at 350 watts it would sound crap as it would be righton the limit,

saying that dont run the 250watt amp @ maximum as you will kill the amp

New Poll