corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Apprenticeships

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apprenticeships
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jun 05 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I always planned to go to Uni in september, but have now decided that I cant really be arsed.

Ive also recently erm, left home and am temporarily living with my grandparents.. which is, erm fun

I now need to either get a full time Job, or alternatively get into an apprenticeship.

Whats the best way to get into an apprenticeship, and has anyone done this or could reccomend it?

Whats the pay like in an apprenticeship? And do any schemes provide accomodation? - if I could get a placement abroad, with accomodation - Id go for it no matter what the job is or what the money is like

Cheers for any comments

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
langey

26th Jun 05 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

money is wank, why you need accomidation? they provide a wrokplace to go and work, you find your own accomidation, mainly they are local, can fiind one miles away if u want.

i'm just finishing my 4year one this week.

how old are you? you'll only get on if your under 19.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jun 05 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the info, what type of apprenticeship did you do? Did you enjoy it and what qualifications are you getting from it?

How do you define, "wank" when it comes to money?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jun 05 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and Im 18

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
langey

26th Jun 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wank money = they only have to pay you 90quid a week, most places pay abit ore, but only abit more

if i get my ass into gear i'll finish with, NVQ level 2 and 3 in mechanical engineering, also an advanced diploma which i can go uni with and if i do that i'll be a professor in mechancal engineering.

i enjoy the type of work, but my place is me and 2 boss's its a tiny family bussines ya see,

oh aint if you aint clicked on yet, i'm doing mechanical engineering.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jun 05 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers, atm im trying to get in full time at my current part time place, but if not - Ill go for an apprenticeship.

Any more comments?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
langey

26th Jun 05 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

conexions (sp) is best place to look
Dan Lewis

26th Jun 05 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing a computer engineer appenticeship, and its 3 qualifactions worth, its a NVQ then something worth 5 A-levels then a degree. i'm getting £700 a month for it. and i did it through the connexstion site
langey

26th Jun 05 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i forgot to mention, the money is wank now, like 5quid an hour, but good things come to those who wait, shit money for 4 years, then bang, good money.

i should be expecting 8quid an hour as soon as i finish my apprenticship, and will rise to 10-12, some places pay 15quid an hour for a mechnical engineer
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jun 05 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by almost_me
im doing a computer engineer appenticeship, and its 3 qualifactions worth, its a NVQ then something worth 5 A-levels then a degree. i'm getting £700 a month for it. and i did it through the connexstion site

thats pretty much the same sort of course I want to do.

Ive just finished my ALevels (Geography and Computing with an AS in Environmental Science (Had to pick up something after dropping maths, but complimented Geog quite well)

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jun 05 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill pop down to the connections office tmara morning, have a chat and hopefully get some info.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dan Lewis

26th Jun 05 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can go on the site and shows you the appenticeship around your area
langey

26th Jun 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the site?
Rebrabuk

26th Jun 05 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Connexions in my area were useless.
Dan Lewis

26th Jun 05 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.connexions-direct.com/index.cfm?pid=72
Dean_H

26th Jun 05 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an electrical/electronic apprenticeship with Bosch Cardiff.

I am in my 2nd year and im on roughly £950 a month takehome after tax, but im working continental shifts.

At the end of my 4 years i will finnish with loads of engineering qualifications and other qualifications relevant to any job.

Apprenticeships are really hard to get, and you maybe too late to get one as they look for apprentices between december - may doing all the tests and interviews and leave u know june/july time ready for september
Bart

26th Jun 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey

Not true.
Our company (electrical) take on apprentices of all ages, i was 21 when i started.
langey

26th Jun 05 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:

Not true.
Our company (electrical) take on apprentices of all ages, i was 21 when i started.

well your company must for for you to go collage, as if your over 19, training agents such as conexions wont pay for collage
Mark Petty

26th Jun 05 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did Software Creation NVQ level 2 & 3 then my work sent me to uni to do a HNC/HND. I was on really shit wages for about 2 years then it went up.
After the experience & qualifications you can get a job anywhere
Demo

27th Jun 05 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_H

I am in my 2nd year and im on roughly £950 a month takehome after tax, but im working continental shifts.

At the end of my 4 years i will finnish with loads of engineering qualifications and other qualifications relevant to any job.

Apprenticeships are really hard to get, and you maybe too late to get one as they look for apprentices between december - may doing all the tests and interviews and leave u know june/july time ready for september

my mate did an apprenticeship with bosch in cardiff. started in 1998 and finished in 2002.
hes now some sort of top electrical engineer and works "2on 2off" shifts for some silly money
adelcorsa

27th Jun 05 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bf done a plumbing aprenticeship

some boys in his class were on 50pound a week

he has nearly finished and its been 4 years now
Dean_H

28th Jun 05 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
quote:
Originally posted by Dean_H

my mate did an apprenticeship with bosch in cardiff. started in 1998 and finished in 2002.
hes now some sort of top electrical engineer and works "2on 2off" shifts for some silly money

whats his name?
Bart

28th Jun 05 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:

Not true.

well your company must for for you to go collage, as if your over 19, training agents such as conexions wont pay for collage

Yes, but then as an apprentice you have the pay cut (well kinda :thumbs.
I work a few extra hours to cover my college day as im paid for being at college.
Swings and round abouts

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Apprenticeships 23 database queries in 0.0164249 seconds