corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This is getting stupid now

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is getting stupid now
Matt H

User status: Offline
26th Jun 05 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of people saying "Dont get that, everyone has it" etc

A number of us discussed this at PVS

Reading Rob's post about his fairy tale engine plans has made me realise how deluded some people really are

It would seem that if you have any of the following:

2.0 engine
Speedlines
GSI kit

then you are a sheep

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Now you may think that I am saying this as my car quite clearly falls into this catergory, but im not.

People now seem to be scared of getting anything that is a sensible/popular mod

Why?

Take this quote for example

quote:
"no, your stupid, do what EVERYONE else is doing"

Never in my life have I ever seen anyone this on here, and I've been coming on here for nearly 4 years now

Robs thread ended up turning into a bit of a slanging match as people can't realise that there us a reason why people dont do certain mods

So if someone suggests anything that has already been done they are classed as a sheep, even though it might be a lot better for them

Where is the sense in that?

The main point I am trying to make here is that people need to start thinking for themselves.

Baaaaaaaaa
Gaz

26th Jun 05 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people think that the people on this bourd are the only corsa owners..

round were i live there is about 3-4 2litred corsa's
that aint common at all!!
annoys me to fella!

[Edited on 26-06-2005 by Gaz]
Brett
Premium Member

26th Jun 05 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who gives a shoot what everyone else has! It's your car!
fred7

26th Jun 05 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seen a post about speedlines about them been "comman" i personnelly no 1 person who has speedlines on his nova and i only no 2 ppl wiv 2ltr corsa's this really isnt comman ppl put speedlines on cuz there the perfect wheel for a corsa and xe there car cuz well its a gud engine and quick and also a cheap way! thats my 10 pence worth and also baaaaaa
Paul_J

27th Jun 05 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean Matt - thing is when people started saying 'too many combat kits' it's because by putting a combat kit on their car they're trying to stand out from the crowd and make their car special - hence a combat kit is nothing special

However - Gsi kit and speedlines - it's not a matter of people trying to go 'wow look how amazingly different my car looks' - its about making a very classy, smooth looking car that is subtle looking, but still modified looking.

The only reason everyone has it - is because it looks good. They're not doing it to their car so they can be different, so I see no point in lots of people having it.
Hammer

27th Jun 05 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guys like you matt that actually keep this board up to a reasonable standard, you start to worry when theres an upsurge of idiots posting threads like 'im turboing a 1.4 so i get a dump valve its my money and ill do what i want'

Gsi kit and speedlines fair enough is personal preference you cant argue with people if thats right or wrong, they can make their cars look however they wish but a 2 litre engine is not the new combat kit, as has been suggested, its a sensible conversion that has been done over and over again because its cost effective and there is plenty of knowledgable people that have had problems and have experience, a lot of them willing to help and a lot of them on this very board.

MR2Mike

27th Jun 05 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol wateva u suggest on here mate ppl will slate you for it... like if you fit a kit they say "ooo big silly bumpers" WTF? they look beter than standard ones! u cant win, if you get gsi kit, sum ppl say its nice, others say "boring ... same as everyone else" but if u get a kit like me... u get called rotten lol. and if you havent got a 2.0litre engine u get laughed at, but if u have - its copying !! perhaps people shud just stick to their own views on looks etc lol.
JUGGA

27th Jun 05 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your cars kitted (not gsi)
if your car has anything under a 1.6

DONT COME ON CS you will only get slated and laughed at.
Hammer

27th Jun 05 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think robs problem was he came on here said what he was doing got slated then started biting back.

If that was me personally and i knew thats what i wanted id have went away and spent 3k grown up a few months later and realised id wasted a hell of a lot of money.
Matt H

27th Jun 05 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the problem in Robs case was that a lot of people replied

"Yeah, go for it. Everyone has 2.0 engines"

A more helpful way of wording that coud also have been

"yeah go for it, but it will cost more for you now & also in the longrun. Thats why lots of people go for the 2.0 conversion instead"

Seems to me that people are getting bad advice from people who think they know better
Matt H

27th Jun 05 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Unr3al Rac3r
if your cars kitted (not gsi)
if your car has anything under a 1.6

DONT COME ON CS you will only get slated and laughed at.

Not entirely true, but its getting that way
MR2Mike

27th Jun 05 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, ive got a kitted 1.2 (not intending keepin the 1.2 but no one bothers to listen to tht) if youre not a cunt with a rich mummy and have had a 1.6 for your first car and are now raggin round in a shit lookin 2.0 litre, then youre not welcome on cs which is a shame
Brett
Premium Member

27th Jun 05 at 01:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
yup, ive got a kitted 1.2 (not intending keepin the 1.2 but no one bothers to listen to tht) if youre not a cunt with a rich mummy and have had a 1.6 for your first car and are now raggin round in a shit lookin 2.0 litre, then youre not welcome on cs which is a shame

Mate, everyone has to start at the bottom.
Most people one here started with a 1.0/1.2 believe it or not. It's mostly the same group from over a couple of years which has grown older and moved onto better (larger engined) things.

Plus, a good % dont even have corsas anymore
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 05 at 01:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree completely that you're not welcome on CS. I started with a 1.2, as do a lot of people, and as will a lot of people in the future. To say you must have a 1.6 or you must have GSi kit or whatever is complete poppycock - its your car do what you want.

The ONLY time plans are questioned is when those plans may be considered to be unwise, for whatever reason. This might be that a 2 litre engine is THE BEST way to get lots of power fairly cheaply. No other engine mod comes close.

It may also be that Speedlines fit, or that GSi kit looks good, whereas other wheels may not and other kits may not.

I think anyone who says CS is for GSi on Speedlines better look in garages/feature cars/whatever. Although they're popular, its not.

Anyone who says you can't tune a 1.2 needs to look at WHY people are saying don't - its not a good way to spend money.
MR2Mike

27th Jun 05 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they still have a go at you tho mate, thats the point, if you have somethin shit, they have a go, if you have the same , ur copying
MR2Mike

27th Jun 05 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ian, but youll see how much u get ripped for havin a kit and a 1,2 engine on here if you read threads..... u cant win on here unless ur rich.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Jun 05 at 01:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am not rich, i have a cheap car and it's still mint!
MR2Mike

27th Jun 05 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol big engine? ppl forget what its like to be 19 with no money and insurance companies taking u up the arse !
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 05 at 01:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not rich, my GSi cost me £1900 and keeps breaking. I also didn't get a 1600 car until I was 21, which a fair few people around here are not.

When I had the 1.2, I saved the deposit for the 1.6 rather than throwing a big kit on the 1.2, which was a wise move. Kitting the slower car would have possibly not been such a good use of the cash, but it was my cash and yours is yours.

Its a massive overgeneralisation to say that its a lose-lose.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Jun 05 at 01:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, but are u not at uni/college? aiming for the brighter future?

think about it in the long run..when u have ur qualifications in return for the sacrifice u made when u were 19, then u will have ur nice car and u can spit on others who have poo ones
fred7

27th Jun 05 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iam 19 got my own flat own a gsi wiv my own insurance and get 200 a week wages theres always ways around gettin bigger engines my car is completly std and thats how i like it fook everyone else oh and i started wiv a 1ltr nova and i also dont have a rich mummy or daddy! my point here is that mike not everyone wiv gsi and stuff have rich parents
MR2Mike

27th Jun 05 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol they r rich OR r older than me and a few others and have no respect unless you like the same mods as them and have ALL the top notch ICE etc, just look at my thread in ICE N ELECTRICS if you dont believe me lol
Brett
Premium Member

27th Jun 05 at 02:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
have no respect unless you like the same mods as them

bit of a contradiction to the thread there mate
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 05 at 02:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
older than me
Wiser?
MR2Mike

27th Jun 05 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i knw.. my earlier point was that you cant win either way on here..... gsi kit = some ppl say mint, some say same as everyone else, so buy a big kit, some say looks mint (very few) and other say "big silly bumpers" and if you dont have the top ICE like everyone else - ur a complete tit ... they dont think for a minute that everyone isnt aiming on having a show car lol

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This is getting stupid now 22 database queries in 0.0099039 seconds