corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1Litre convertion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1Litre convertion
corsa-maxi

User status: Offline
17th Jul 05 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have brought a 1 litre corsa b. I want to put a 1.4 engine in it. Has anyone done it and is it a simple convertion. Also what do you have to do about the log book etc.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Jul 05 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done this conversion. wiring is a bit tricky, but not impossible. if you need it i have full wiring loom diagrams and instructions that i wrote up after doing it.
Twiggy

18th Jul 05 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-maxi
I have brought a 1 litre corsa b. I want to put a 1.4 engine in it. Has anyone done it and is it a simple convertion. Also what do you have to do about the log book etc.

y not buy i a 1.4 to start with??

or stick a 2.0 while its out!
AK

18th Jul 05 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup.... buying a sport will be the easiest option, and the cheapest no doubt
corsa-maxi

18th Jul 05 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by REDSPORT
quote:

The reason i didnt buy a 1.4 in the first place is because it my first can and i thought the insurance would be cheap.

Is there alot of things to do for the log book, so that it says it is a 1.4 and not a 1L
langey

18th Jul 05 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

The reason i didnt buy a 1.4 in the first place is because it my first can and i thought the insurance would be cheap.

Is there alot of things to do for the log book, so that it says it is a 1.4 and not a 1L

but when you put the 1.4 in it, the insurance will be the same as the car its out of, not the same insurance as a 1.0
ed

18th Jul 05 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's going to cost you more to insure a converted 1.0 than a 1.4 standard because insurers will class the car as being tuned and modified. Fact.

New Poll