corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » R/C/L

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author R/C/L
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Aug 05 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what determines the radius from which a car can be unlocked using remote central locking
as my uncles vectra can be unlocked for quite a distance , where as my dads car requires you to be stood practically at the back of it in order for it to work

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
ed

21st Aug 05 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How new the batteries are in the remote
ed

21st Aug 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Though I would quite like to know because my Clifford unlocks from over 100m which is rediculous.
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Aug 05 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Though I would quite like to know because my Clifford unlocks from over 100m which is rediculous.

wtf is point in that

Marcy Marc

Rob H

21st Aug 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on how its set up. My car for instance i have to point the key directly at the car, and be within 20 meteres off it to open it. I can lock it from pretty much any direction, from much further away .
ed

21st Aug 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno, kinda scary when the car is parked up, could accidently unlock it...
Adam_B

21st Aug 05 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i put my remote next to my head i can lock and unlock from about 14 miles away
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

22nd Aug 05 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you don't want it to send the signal too far, if somone is sitting there with a reciever they can pick up the frequency then get into your car....

atleast thats what happens in gone in 60 seconds

[Edited on 22-08-2005 by Sly_SRi]

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Aug 05 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what is it that determines the distance/radius and angle

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Aug 05 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcy Marc

Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Aug 05 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of things...

- power of the transmitter
- battery condition
- attenuation due to nearby obstables, atmosphere, etc
- how much metal is between you and the receiver in the car (what angle you're standing at)
- any nearby transmissions causing interference

...and all the above depends what frequency the transmitter is using. I'm pretty sure most keyfobs use a 433MHz carrier.
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Aug 05 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx, but i sort of mean like what physical things is it, other than battery etc.
like are there sensors which pick it up or what, if so do cars that have good rcl (like vectras) have sensors all around

Marcy Marc

Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Aug 05 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt many have multiple antennas.

The 'sensor' which picks it up is just a box with an aerial on it. It's just radio communication.

Mostly I would have thought it's mainly down to the placement of the receiver in the car, the design of the receiver, the antenna design, the keyfob design, the keyfob antenna, etc etc etc
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Aug 05 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is this 'reciever' usually placed in standard cars

Marcy Marc

Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Aug 05 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Under the dash somewhere I would have thought... depends which car.

No point in having stupidly good range on it anyway -- can only open the door when you're next to it I agree with ed -- too much range on a car and you worry it's unlocking it in your pocket as you walk away!
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Aug 05 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with clifford alarms and that, how good is the range on them
i dont want it miles away, but i dont want it like ma dads (where u have to b next to the car practically)
its got to have a decent range but not stupidly decent, if ya get me

Marcy Marc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » R/C/L 23 database queries in 0.0121000 seconds