corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP
Gricecorsa

User status: Offline
25th Sep 05 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HELLO all i am in desperate need of some help i cant get the top nuts off my suspension struts on my 1993 k reg corsa lowerd the rear 40mm but cant get the sodding fronts off and its driving me f***in crazy much help would be appreciated please or if ur in the area and want to give some hands on advice please feel free to pop round to 94 cole green lane welwyn garden city

Gricey

PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE HELP
MattyPW

25th Sep 05 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the nuts rusted solid?! I had this problem when the garage fitted the springs to my '94 Corsa.

In the end, after breaking two socket bits , we ended up heating the nuts with a blowtorch, and undoing them a little whilst red hot, then cooling with water asap. Got it done
Gricecorsa

25th Sep 05 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try that but diddnt it melt the rubber seals ??causing to leak n fail the dredded motty
ShEp

26th Sep 05 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top nuts as in under the bonnet? or the ones on the damper connecting it to the hub assembly?

dont do what my m8 did, i had him in my workshop when i was lowering my car, and he took the strut nut off with the air gun, near took my fecking arm off cos i was underneath it at the time
CorsAsh

26th Sep 05 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave the car on the deck whilst you loosen the nut, usually works for me. Or get a mate with an airgun to buzz them off.

[Edited on 26-09-2005 by CorsAsh]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP 23 database queries in 0.0068600 seconds