corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Manual - Leccy Mirrors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manual - Leccy Mirrors
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Sep 05 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, Ive wanted to fit electrics to my car for a while yet, but I dont have the loom in place for the "easy" window and mirror conversion.

Some correctly coloured mirrors have come up in classifieds, and Im wondering If could bodge the wiring myself.

Could I just wire the mirrors up to a switch.. and the battery? Is it THAT simple?

Any clues on this?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Sep 05 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive bought those mirrors, so I hope someone knows

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

30th Sep 05 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got some wires off mine
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Oct 05 at 06:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt.

anyone?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cossie

8th Oct 05 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have passed the electric mirrors wires myself under the dashboard but i had to search for the doors wires as they have special connecters !
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 05 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ace mate, I can source them easy of yzjon. Was it a hard job? What wires were ther? Live, Earth, etc?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cossie

8th Oct 05 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First you need the haynes or cd with wiring diagram and you need to buy out some connecters from Rs or Farnell ! i would to make a very easy guide on here how i did them myself with PICTURES i removed the dashboard and wiring out of car to work easily !

[Edited on 08-10-2005 by Cossie]
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 05 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cossie
First you need the haynes or cd with wiring diagram and you need to buy out some connecters from Rs or Farnell ! i would to make a very easy guide on here how i did them myself

Cool, get a guide whacked up

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Oct 05 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT, ive got the mirrors, and can easily source switch, but I cant get the wiring loom for it, so Ill have to make my own.

All i need to know is what each of the 5 pins on the mirrors baseplates do so I can wire them up.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
trev150

12th Oct 05 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a guess 2 wires will be the heater and then 3 wires for the two motors(2x12vdc 1 x 0vdc)
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th Oct 05 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by trev150
At a guess 2 wires will be the heater and then 3 wires for the two motors(2x12vdc 1 x 0vdc)

Cheers mate, thats what Im thinking, I might set up a little circuit ont garage floor and experiment, see whats what.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Oct 05 at 05:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Nov 05 at 06:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still looking for suggestions guys/gals

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll