corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nearly Finished....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nearly Finished....
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Oct 05 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well had my car on the rollers last night getting set up after i ran it in, was there from 8ish till gone 1am, Jamsport like to keep going till the work is all done! anyway after a few hours of mapping and speculation of what power was achievable, we were all proved wrong by a stomping figure of 181bhp! everyone envolved was shocked at the power (awaits people saying rollers are out and its crap etc) still not finished with it yet tho, cams need retarding some more as were trying to get the power to peek, its still pulling hard till the rev limiter (as the raph shows) and with that at 8500rpm its not too safe, wont be up that high to be honest! to retard the cams we need to move the belt round a tooth, and we all got a bit tired last night.

took it out on the road and bugger me its quick now! very very quick! love it! so hopefully next week itll be complete and finished (well will it ever be complete!) new fuel lines are in waiting for me to have them fitted which is good! and they look so sexy!

anyway, heres the graph, feel free to have a gander! not bad for the spec really!

sorry about quality of the scan, scanner playing up!

Like to say thanks to all the people who helped with it, and massive thanks to Jamsport again!
Half Pint

26th Oct 05 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's a shame about the torque figure, this is what really lets tuning a 1600 down.

Good results tho
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really going to see much gains in torque, as you say its a 1.6 at the end of the day! but it pulls so strong! so impressed!
Teddy

26th Oct 05 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent dude - well chuffed for you.

After all the hassle with bp and waiting for the car - the chaps at the camp have done a great job.

I think we need more video footage.........

Teddy the stig is available...........
Siberia

26th Oct 05 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the torque figure is only a number..... look at how flat the curve is

top work markus i want one
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL! tedy the stig, its a little faster than last time we did the videos lol! but still its not that hard to put hte power down! its odd revving it to 8k lol! i chicken out at 7 haha! ben so used to driving it to 5k!

cheers for that dude, come over tonight? ill charge the video camera?!

still waiting on bp to pay up too!
Half Pint

26th Oct 05 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
not really going to see much gains in torque, as you say its a 1.6 at the end of the day! but it pulls so strong! so impressed!

oh yea, i totally agree the results are extremely good

but the advantage you'd have over the 2.0l boys is the weight saving.

It's the same problem that patrick faced with his set-up, alot of BHP but struggled with the torgue
Teddy

26th Oct 05 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may pop over for a poke around

May not have the torque of a 20xe but it doesnt have the weight either

Dude we need to go hunting on night time drives
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
the torque figure is only a number..... look at how flat the curve is

top work markus i want one

why thanks for pointing that out siberia! it accelerates pretty evenly throughout all gears! its groovy! get one! you know you NEED one, i decided last night that NEED and Want are the same thing when it comes to cars
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, some dude in an orion tried it on last night pmsl! most amusing!

P.S. I dont want this thread ruined by turning into a x16xe is not as good as a c20xe thread! there are enough of them as it is!
Siberia

26th Oct 05 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you get a 'proper' filter yet
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i will do soon! just need to go and pick it up
Teddy

26th Oct 05 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
P.S. I dont want this thread ruined by turning into a x16xe is not as good as a c20xe thread! there are enough of them as it is!

Yes lets keep this on topic. I shall sit in the corner and pipe up when spoken to
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 05 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
it's a shame about the torque figure, this is what really lets tuning a 1600 down.

Good results tho

yeah but thats torque from idle all the way up to redline in a nice big flat line
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

teddy, your dropping alex off after work anyway? you shall have to play then! need to service it now tho.... and get more petrol! did a tank on the rollers!
dna23

26th Oct 05 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude thats quality i bet ure dead chuffed after being faffed around so much with the whole BP affair and then not having ure car and waiting .etc but it's all been worth it never thought it'd be reaching 181 it's a nice result mate

dan was still in bed when i went to work - did u have him up getting the brews in till 1am u buggers
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dan was doing his cossie last night i believe, i have a cool picture of him on my phone.....

i didnt think it would get to 181bhp, but it did and theres the proof, add to that it drives sooooo well! im very happy!

cybermonkey, yes, thats what tb's are all about, so ace!
dna23

26th Oct 05 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm pleased for ya mate blinding figure u'll have to take me out some time and we can run ure rear tyres on 6psi

did u enquire at jamsport for me?
Siberia

26th Oct 05 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mark if i was you i'd drop that rev limit a bit...(7500ish) join the aa otherwise
Teddy

26th Oct 05 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
teddy, your dropping alex off after work anyway? you shall have to play then! need to service it now tho.... and get more petrol! did a tank on the rollers!

Can do but i will be in work clothes
vibrio
Banned

26th Oct 05 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

torque curve is ace (small blip at 5600 though). what have you done to strengthen the internals as your reving to 8500rpm lol

Andy hamilton had a flat line of around 145lb ft IIRC to get 200plus
Adam-D

26th Oct 05 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spot on m8
Matt H

26th Oct 05 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

And the same visa versa

Just kidding Mark

Excellent power figure that I cant wait to see it go up teh strip
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah erm, a safer limit will be 8000rpm.... its pretty standard bar arp bolts.... lol! pocketed pistons, but not forged... been told by a good source that 8k is ok.

vibrio, yeah, there is a litle bit more setting up of the cams, which should see the power band moved towards safer limits and may see rid of the small blip. andy also spent a hell of a lot more than me lol! his car IS my aim!
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 05 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:

And the same visa versa

Just kidding Mark

Excellent power figure that I cant wait to see it go up teh strip

I agree!

hoping to get it up the strip before the year is out!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nearly Finished.... 22 database queries in 0.0116138 seconds