corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1st time driving a car again..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1st time driving a car again..
Wayne

User status: Offline
26th Oct 05 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st time i started driving again tonight since i was in a car crash 3 weeks ago, i'm so edgey on how other people drive and what there doing. Driving a standard focus is nice, don't get any attention from people trying to race or woteva, but watching other modified cars drive i wonder why i got flashes,people up my ass,trying to race etc etc.. i thought i'd get away from this, but even tonight i had one or two cars driving up my ass for no reason on a motorway doing 70 cutting me up nearly driving into me, even a little clio trying to be cocky with a man and his wife in. Whats it all about? so many cocks on the road these days it's untrue.
John

26th Oct 05 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What lane were you in when the cars on the mway were up your arse?
Lisa

26th Oct 05 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wayne its lol all you have to do is give a wave and cheeky grin youll feel a lot better.
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Slow lane not in any1's way...
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa
wayne its lol all you have to do is give a wave and cheeky grin youll feel a lot better.

like this lol
John

26th Oct 05 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wayne
quote:
Originally posted by John

Slow lane not in any1's way...

Thats alright lol.
You get so many people who moan that people are doing it when they are sitting in the fast lane.
Idiots don't understand what they are doing wrong.
myke

26th Oct 05 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasn't the accident totally your fault?
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know, there's alot of people who sit on outside lane doing 70 or evel less it is annoying, so looking forward to this drivers awareness course me and the driver are going to have a good chat
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke

what's this got to do with my 1st time driving again?
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 05 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my aunty crashed a car 4 years ago in winter into a tree, no damage to her or the 2 passengers as they werent driving that fast but stil she has never drove again. cant face it, starts shaking just sitting in the drivers chair, so good on ya.
Wrighty

26th Oct 05 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
1st time i started driving again tonight since i was in a car crash 3 weeks ago, i'm so edgey on how other people drive and what there doing. Driving a standard focus is nice, don't get any attention from people trying to race or woteva, but watching other modified cars drive i wonder why i got flashes,people up my ass,trying to race etc etc.. i thought i'd get away from this, but even tonight i had one or two cars driving up my ass for no reason on a motorway doing 70 cutting me up nearly driving into me, even a little clio trying to be cocky with a man and his wife in. Whats it all about? so many cocks on the road these days it's untrue.

all i can think about since my crash is 'what could happen' wheres he gona go,wheres that car turning,what if he crashes into me,its well strange and i havnt driven my car yet
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fella, it's even worse when i'm in a car with someome and i'm not driving, as i'm telling them to watch out for people etc etc i still do this now, from my accident thoe i'm alot more aware of things that are happening around stay well away from cars in front, etc etc..
myke

26th Oct 05 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

because you specifically mentioned that you were scared of other road users as if it was someone else that randomly crashed into you causing your' accident.
Butler

26th Oct 05 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so many idiots on the roads, totally agree, not just people trying to race but old fucks who dont know there left from there right and dont know where to signal, what lane etc to save there life, i reckon old people should take the test again
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by yzjon
quote:

all i can think about since my crash is 'what could happen' wheres he gona go,wheres that car turning,what if he crashes into me,its well strange and i havnt driven my car yet

that's what i'm like, don't really want to drive i'm only doing it as my job later on in a years time will want me to drive around, it's like my eyes never stop moving or my head thinking where's here going, whats he doing and the rest
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

because you specifically mentioned that you were scared of other road users as if it was someone else that randomly crashed into you causing your' accident.

yes i am, and i think any1 who has been in a crash regardless if it's there fault or not will be more edgy and more carefull on the road, or you get pricks who don't give a shit go buy a fast car again and do the same
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive like that though, have never crashed yet still very concerned about other road users at all times. probably better to be like that though
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah deff, ok i wasn't the most carefull driver when i had the corsa, maybe cut people up here and there but i always waved or put hazards on to say sorry, alot of people don't even care these days
myke

26th Oct 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defensive driving is the way forward

Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, looking forward to this drivers awareness course, will help alot so i've heard from people who have done it before,be interesting to listen to the instructor
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 05 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought accelerator was way forward?

its best to be careful though. i hate to be in a crash. especially seeing the way me aunt is in a car. a real nervous wreck even years later. does me uncles head in, lol
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
i thought accelerator was way forward?

its best to be careful though. i hate to be in a crash. especially seeing the way me aunt is in a car. a real nervous wreck even years later. does me uncles head in, lol

lol, i think i do my friends heads in but it's because the accident has woken me up and i've relised i mite not get another chance even if it's my fault or someone elses. if you was to drive a normal car unmodified for a day u'd relise how many idiots there still is even if there modified or not will supprise you!
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 05 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know about all the idiots, it seems no matter what kind of car you got or how old you are, idiots try and take you on.

i get picked on a lot in that corsa, but because im 25 and value me insurance premiums and clean liscence i dont bother. just let em get on with it.
Wayne

26th Oct 05 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, 99% i will not drive a modified car again, due to the hastle of other people on the road and the amount of stupid money you put into it, i know it's a hobby etc and people do it because they want to and rather do that than spend it on drugs, drink and chuck there lifes away be a bum but i chucked to much money away in that corsa and its time to get something nice but something i'm not going to chuck money away on it, people have different view but if i want to see my next birthday this is the way forward for me

[Edited on 26-10-2005 by Wayne]
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree, doing what ive wanted to cars has probably cost me, i dunno, 30k in the 8 years ive been driving. thats mad, thats a brand new imprezza, lol.

mine is a hobby and i save 90% of my driving fast for the 1/4 mile days me and me mates do.

if your still interested in cars, maybe just change from fast cars to cars with class stereo's

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1st time driving a car again.. 22 database queries in 0.0140860 seconds