corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa - Management light on tick over very high unable to lower when warm ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa - Management light on tick over very high unable to lower when warm ?
Cor Sir !!

User status: Offline
   20th Dec 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Can anyone help with my problem ? I have a 1.2 1998 R Corsa, which when warm will not tick over at 900 rpm. It must be ticking over at between 2000/2500 rpm and will not lower. The cars management light has now permenatley stuck on previously it flickered on and off and the car would want to stall if accelerated hard (If thats possible in a 1.2 !!) and die, but if you took foot off accelerator and place it roughly quarter way it would drive all day without stopping. It now does not seem too stall upon acceleration but ticks over very high any help or suggestions appreciated.
I did take it Vauxhall who put it on there diagnostic computer and advised MAP sensor requires replacing. Replaced sensor but problem still there.
Peole have advised it could be crank sensor or idle valve? Cheers Cor Sir !!
corsaevu

User status: Offline
20th Dec 05 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is an idle sort of setting thing in the engine. i changed mine the other day.

It is (if you are looking at the engine) near the top left as a wire going accross a gap. Try moving that!

New Poll