corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » just got car back(x14xe corsa)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just got car back(x14xe corsa)
dantheman

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right just had a mantzel style inlet fitted, garage said it was a right ball ache, anyway when i get up to a junction or just let the revs drop, it just about dies then judders about whats the prob, they read the fault code and i think they mention din sensor or somethin>? its goin back in tomorro to be aset up but fingers crossed!!

also it feels a bit better but most of the power comes in after 5 grand but then it hits the limiter just after 6 is this cos it needs settin up with a chip??

p.s sorry for the essay thanks

[Edited on 22-12-2005 by dantheman]
markos

22nd Dec 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also it feels a bit better but most of the power comes in after 5 grand but then it hits the limiter just after 6 is this cos it needs settin up with a chip??

a remap and higher rev limiter will help

check the curves below - mantzel mapped (smt6) vs. matzel on stock ecu

dunno what's wrong with low revs
dantheman

22nd Dec 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really understand that map what was it before an after in bhp? and is urs a standard x14xe?
markos

22nd Dec 05 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who cares about bhp, just check the curves and see that mantzel with standard ecu is crap.

oh yes, max bhp is almost the same, but engine before, and after remap is totally different - has no "leaks" in torque and power! 20Nm is a lot... and this is what escapes from the engine when you stick mantzel on it without remapping it properly.

it's not mine, but i know the owner, and the engine had a supersprint exhaust manifold on it when it was mapped.

stock cams, stock head, supersprint 4-2-1 manifold, mantzel intake - it pulled out 122bhp on the crank after moving rev limiter to 7500rpm

[Edited on 22-12-2005 by markos]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd Dec 05 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

revs dropping is probably an idle control valve fault.
dantheman

23rd Dec 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is this fixed? they said they had to cut the loom and extend it would it be somethin to do with this? the cars been back in and they said it was sorted but i got in it and i started it and it struggled and then final leveled itself out, it no longer nearly stops at junctions but does struggle on startup?? any ideas?
James R

23rd Dec 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That RR plot is amazing the torque is just flat, much feel really nice to drive, shame the engine can't rev more.

I'd suggest you discontect the battery over night then fire up the car to reset the ecu as it will be very differen tot before and the ecu needs to sort itself out.

ed

23rd Dec 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say your crank position sensor was faulty. The best thing to do is fork out on a Tech II test at VX and get them to see whats up. Costs about £50, but is cheaper than blindly replaceing parts.

Oh, one other thing, if you have had a Mantzel type affair fitted are there any air leaks? If the garage found it that hard to fit then it might be worth checking things over because it shouldn't be that hard.

You should get some strong con rod bolts fitted as you need to raise the rev limiter. Once you have done that get a Unichip and raise the rev limiter... These sorts of manifolds only work well at high RPM.

New Poll