corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Infinity 6000cs Crossover

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Infinity 6000cs Crossover
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
28th Dec 05 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey i hope somebody can help me here. On the crossover box for the infinity 6000cs components there appears to be 3 connection points for the the tweeters, whereas there are only 2 for INPUT and WOOFER. Can anyone shed any light on which of the connection points I should use? Cheers
Dom

31st Dec 05 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from memory mate, you will have two +'s (could be -'s) for the tweeter, and one of them is a -20db drop (something like that).
I dropped mind on my infinity's, sounds alot better as they are quite bright!
Mike2k111

1st Jan 06 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ar right, that makes sense looking at how its labeled. What would be the actual performance benifits of lowering the db level on the components? at the moment i think mine are set to the standard positive, what will i notice by changing it.

Also, a completely unrelated question but on my head unit settings there is a HPF LPF setting. Do these need to be set to anything, at the moment I have them as off? Thanks
Wabby69

1st Jan 06 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

High-Pass Filter & Low-Pass Filter mate.

Pretty much, they just filter out high-pass or low-pass frequencies, and only allow them to be amplified / outputted. They are best left off unless you just want ONLY voice / Bass (Sort of)!

Hope that helps!

[Edited on 01-01-2006 by Wabby69]
Dom

1st Jan 06 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dropping it just drops the tweeters volume by X dB amount - i found the treble too ear piercing for my liking. Once youve got your install done, try dropping it and have a listen for a few days - it will depend on your install whether you need to drop it or not.

New Poll