corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mini motos

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mini motos
oli_h

User status: Offline
16th Jan 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any body who knows anything about mini moto's, spent the last couple of hours trying to get it started and it hasnt started. theres a little pipe coming off the back of the carbereutor (sp) which doesnt go any where, which leaked fuel when we put some in, now my mate blew in to this pipe and it would tick over we revved it then it would cut out. does any body have any ideas. i can take a pic of it if any body can host it. any help would be very much appreciated
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pipe is the carb overflow.

To fire it, get something volatile like wd40 or even better some carb cleaner spray, shoot that up into the air filter then give it a good cranking.

Lots of smoke, but will get it running. I usually have to do this with mine each spring after it's been sat in the garage over winter.
oli_h

16th Jan 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you mean up that little pipe or take the air filter off completely
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, check the fuel mixture screw, will usually be sticking out of the carb (has a spring round it). try screwing this in and out til it idles right, also make sure the choke's open
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in front of the rear wheel, you should have your air filter - spray it into that so it gets a great load of nice explosive stuff when it turns over, should fire it then.
mwg

16th Jan 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Also, check the fuel mixture screw, will usually be sticking out of the carb (has a spring round it). try screwing this in and out til it idles right, also make sure the choke's open

Mine runs like a bag of shit no matter how much I adjust that screw its gutless compared to my brothers even though his bike is exactly the same engine. Any ideas
oli_h

16th Jan 06 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate im gona go give it a blast
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you run it in properly? I did with mine, as opposed to another lad, mine's fucking quick compared to his now... which funnily enough, is knackered.
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oli
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just for reference, my air filter is the black box tucked away in front of the rear wheel here, there's three holes at the bottom of it, thats where I spray carb cleaner etc

mwg

16th Jan 06 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Did you run it in properly? I did with mine, as opposed to another lad, mine's fucking quick compared to his now... which funnily enough, is knackered.

yeah I ran it in really carefully and my bro didn't run it in quite as carefully, tended to rag it a bit more yet his is fine? And I know he hasn't swapped the bikes as they are different colours and mines run crap ever since I got it

If I take it off choke it idles fine but as soon as I pull the throttle it cuts out so have to drive with choke on a little bit even once its warm otherwise it wont go anywhere
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always leave my choke open full, doesn't seem to bother it I just give anyone nearby lung cancer...
mwg

16th Jan 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even with the choke fully open its slower than my bros. start going up a hill and mine comes to a stop, he goes flying past. Thought it might be cos I weigh more but we swapped bikes and he came to a stop on the hill and I went past him no problem so its defo the bike
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm

take out our spark plug, make sure its clean, then check the gap compared to your bro's, might need adjusting.

If you have a fuel filter, take that off too.
mwg

16th Jan 06 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give it a try at the weekend. Might just buy a new engine if i cant get this one running right cos think they are only about £30
CorsAsh

16th Jan 06 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, get a big one out of a kart
jammo20

16th Jan 06 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a liquid cooled and tuned air coold for sale if interested pm me may split bits
mwg

16th Jan 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need an air cooled engine to fit this

Not sure exactly what engine I should be looking. Presume they all fit the same or do I need one thats for this specific bike?
jammo20

16th Jan 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is the same as my air cooled one why does it need a new engine?got a brand new carb if this will help also them engines are 20 somthing new on fleabay m8 oh is it still got standard reeds
mwg

16th Jan 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its totally standard. only just run in really but its a bag of shit compared to my brothers as explained above
jammo20

16th Jan 06 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm tricky without seeing hearing it go does it roll freely because i no the back wheel and chain alingment is realy crap from new but i would have ago at swaping carbs with you bro if his is the same and see iff its that the are realy crap until you buy a pipe for it
oli_h

16th Jan 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you said sort of worked i played around with the spring and it would either run revvin well high or too low and it would cut out, although at at point it was going for a bit, still well confused
jammo20

16th Jan 06 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-MOTO-VIPER-PERFORMANCE-PIPE-EXHAUST-SPARES_W0QQitemZ7195168041QQcategoryZ75221QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
jammo20

16th Jan 06 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy that its wot ive got on mine and bigger carb but with just that pipe like double the speed you wont belive differnce it makes

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mini motos 22 database queries in 0.0139620 seconds