corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X14 or X16......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14 or X16......
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 06 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Follow my thread the other day, i have decided to stick with a corsa, but i'm unsure whether to go for the 1.4 or the 1.6 sport, bearing in mind you can pick them up for same sort of money now.....

My 1st thought was a 1.6, but since doing a couple of insurance quotes i've found that their an extra £300 compared to the 1.4.

Now the question i'm asking really is does the 1.6 warrent the extra money insurance wise. I know its that bit quicker and has a bit more power, but with the £300 i save on insurance, i could get an inlet for the X14 and bring it up to somewhere near a standard X16.....

What would you do ??

Mase
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it does warrent the extra money then ??

Mase
N90ATH

22nd Jan 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the 1.6 as the money u could egt the inlet for is more than 300 so get 1.6 dnt mod the engine and then insurace goes down a yr later sorted
Ry_B
Banned

22nd Jan 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Extra tax aswell
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rcb
Extra tax aswell

good point !!

N90 - i was gonna go for the home made stylee one of migweb, there just shy of 200 notes

Mase
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a second quicker 0-60 i donth think just an inlet on an x14xe will improve it that much
broster
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inlet on a 1.4 will improve it the same amount as a 1.6 is improved. id go for the 1.6 if you can afford the extra insurance
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well yeah i can, but i didn't know if it was worth paying for the exact same car as the 1.4, but with an extra 16 horses and knocking a second of 0-60....

did u change from x14 to x16 broster ??

Mase
broster
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did, well worth it, driving a cars not all about 0-60 you know!
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know that, but i've only ever had a 1.0 and me mums 1.2 sxi, so i'm not overly fussed about having loads of power at the min...

Mase
James R

22nd Jan 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say if it's stayign fairly std then 1.4 all the way the fact you save £60 a year on tax, let alone insurance, and the overall pace isn't much different
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there seems to be more 1.4's around aswell actually, so i'll probably be able to pick up a better example....

Mase
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i'll probably only put an inlet an exhaust on it... i don't fancy messing with it too much again due to insurance.

Mase
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd Jan 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got both. 1.6 all the way for me, but i agree with J1400 that if you are staying standard then the 1.4 is also a lot of fun.
broster
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.4 is good but the 1.6 just makes it a little better, the 1.4 aint much faster than the 1.2 sxi
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm, i think i'm gonna try and drive both an see what they are like, but what gains would i expect to achieve from adding an inlet to a x14 ??

Mase
broster
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15bhp...
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i could get 1.6 power from a 1.4 for a few hundred quid and have cheaper insurance and tax......hmmm, it sounds good, but i'm worried i'm gonna get a 1.4 and then find i really want a 1.6, as i get the tuning bug !!

Mase
Dave A

22nd Jan 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
the 1.4 is good but the 1.6 just makes it a little better, the 1.4 aint much faster than the 1.2 sxi

sorry mate, have to disagree on that one. 1.4 16v is loads faster than the 1.2 sxi. i had an sxi for a while and they are pathetic compared to the 1.4.
Ant

22nd Jan 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an x14xe with inlet will never be as good as a x16xe IMHO, it will have less torque and the peak BHP will be up near 6500RPM a std X16XE should be more suited to day to day driving... then add an inlet to the X16XE and it will really be fun

[Edited on 22-01-2006 by aritchie]
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, so theres a difference in how the 2 engines deliver the power ??

Mase
Dave A

22nd Jan 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree. a 1.4 sport with an inlet still wont be as quick as a standard 1.6
jr

22nd Jan 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.14 16v is still the best engine ive had in my corsa
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Jan 06 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm cheers for all ur help, i'm gonna have to do some proper thinking about this one !!!

Mase

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X14 or X16...... 23 database queries in 0.0194840 seconds