corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who has a mini moto

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who has a mini moto
corsa_boi

User status: Offline
25th Jan 06 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been out on my mates mini moto and its the best fun ive had in ages . i am thinking now i have to get one of these,have been looking on ebay etc,he bought his for £100 of one of his mates who got them in bulk. if you have one where did you get yours from? bearing in mind that mine has to be faster than his
mwg

25th Jan 06 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one. Its great fun when its working properly

Got mine in a group buy with some friends off a shop on Ebay, cant remember the name though.
Jamie Walby

25th Jan 06 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matty Gizzle thats a smart looking piece of equiptment. I have been thinking of buying one with shoddy paintwork and doing it up.
corsa_boi

25th Jan 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check these badboys out on ebay :- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-MOTO-LIQUID-WATER-COOLED-MINIMOTO-MIDI-ORIGAMI_W0QQitemZ7214298049QQcategoryZ75219QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dont know if that will work like, its soo fun tho. think im going to get one jamie and do it up to be fast
Butler

25th Jan 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do you use them?
corsa_boi

25th Jan 06 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is nice that matt, have you had much trouble with it??
corsa_boi

25th Jan 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive just been over the local park,few little tracks, you have to be careful of any pot holes other wise its off ya go
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jan 06 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought mine off here, BradFincham's group buy

Spot on and great great fun

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ojc

25th Jan 06 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've got one, excellent fun, but this is'nt the ideal weather for mini moto useage
Ry_B
Banned

25th Jan 06 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What speeds can they do, they run on petrol? I imagine they accelerate stupidly quick?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jan 06 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do about 30-40mph depending on rider weight etc....

Can get Air filters, exhausts, boost bottles, NOS for them etc make them bit quicker, but when that close to the ground it feels much faster

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
mwg

25th Jan 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Grandard has a farm with a long tarmac road down to the farm and then down to his fields so I've got about a mile of tarmac to bomb up and down

Have also driven it on little back roads in the middle of nowhere but wouldn't recommend it as its illegal.

Problems I've had with mine are that its not as powerful as my brothers even though the bikes are the same engine, just his is red, mines black. Mines and my brothers are both pigs to start. The other problem I had was when I came to fill it up with petrol the petrol cap was just spinning round and round and not coming off. Had to snap it which then cracked the petrol tank. Got a free replacement from the company I bought it off as was only the 3rd time I'd used it!

Gonna solve the power problem by fitting a bigger engine

I would recommend anyone that buys one to go round the bike with a spanner and sockets etc. and make sure everything is tight before using it!

These are the guys I bought mine off http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Toreadsports
corsa_boi

well those abay ones say they can do upto 65mph, i doupt that very much like but even 40mph on a lil bike that seem so fast
SXi_Tim

i got mine in the summer, so did my mate and they both had a tendancy to overheat rcb they run on two stroke
mwg

25th Jan 06 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_boi
well those abay ones say they can do upto 65mph, i doupt that very much like but even 40mph on a lil bike that seem so fast

You are looking at liquid cooled ones so they probably can do 65mph but they cost hundreds...

Air cooled ones like mine and Dans are alot cheaper to buy and maintain. Just a bit slower but trust me when your doing 30mph on a mini moto its feels fucking quick
corsa_boi

25th Jan 06 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh suppose, my mates one was only a air cooled and that was pretty quick. but im guna have to get a liquid cooled one,just to see if they do go 65mph,think there goin for £200 ish on ebay
WATSON

25th Jan 06 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to have one gr8 fun when they go properley

Now have a mini durt bike
corsa_boi

25th Jan 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was looking at those but then thought they wudnt b as fast, what are there like then?
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 06 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought mine from bradfincham
a_j_mair

25th Jan 06 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
My Grandard has a farm with a long tarmac road down to the farm and then down to his fields so I've got about a mile of tarmac to bomb up and down

Have also driven it on little back roads in the middle of nowhere but wouldn't recommend it as its illegal.

Problems I've had with mine are that its not as powerful as my brothers even though the bikes are the same engine, just his is red, mines black. Mines and my brothers are both pigs to start. The other problem I had was when I came to fill it up with petrol the petrol cap was just spinning round and round and not coming off. Had to snap it which then cracked the petrol tank. Got a free replacement from the company I bought it off as was only the 3rd time I'd used it!

Gonna solve the power problem by fitting a bigger engine

I would recommend anyone that buys one to go round the bike with a spanner and sockets etc. and make sure everything is tight before using it!

These are the guys I bought mine off http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Toreadsports

my dad is doing a courtyard development just now with a road that is nice smooth tarmac. one of the boys that works for him gave me a shot one weekend great fun i tried a wheely and fell off the back and scraped it he wasnt happy
Ry_B
Banned

25th Jan 06 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much should I pay for a decent one, where from, Ebay?

I know they're usually 49cc, what are they like on petrol considering they're guna be ragged 24/7, I assume they use normal petrol? How fast are they acceleration wise? 40mph top speed I hear! Would be Flipping scary on something that close to the ground!
mwg

25th Jan 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is 47cc IIRC but I'm fitting a 49cc engine soon hopefully.

I managed to get mine for £140 but a few of us bought them in a group buy so it was cheaper.

They need running in for 5 tanks of petrol when you first get them. Its not just straight petrol, theres a certain ratio of 2 stroke oil to add. Says in instructions.

Mine is sluggish to set off from a standing start but once moving at over 5mph it feels nippy.
j10E W

25th Jan 06 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a mini moto got it from ebay bout 3months ago used it all of 3times have tuned it up abit race exhaust, carbon reeds etc.. quite nippy its 49cc model
Jas

25th Jan 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same here...

racing reeds, carbs kit, racing exhaust (huge) slick tyres, loads of fun but i want rid due to lack of use
mwg

25th Jan 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I plan on giving mine plenty of abuse once the weather gets better

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who has a mini moto 23 database queries in 0.0164301 seconds