corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fibregalssing (install)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fibregalssing (install)
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   26th Jan 06 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok not sure where to post this.... But finding out on behalf of a mate who wants to attempt to build his first install (and possibly doorbuilds) using fibreglass etc.

So was wondering if anyone has any pointers, tips or info on the best way to build/construct an install, and maybe doorbuilds??

Any in progress pictures from anyone that's attempted their own, build be very appreciated as well.

JILL
ed

26th Jan 06 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not that difficult to do really if you are quite handy with tools...

You need to construct a Basic shape out of some MDF first. Then you need to get the shapes set out for the fibreglass. You can stretch some cut up bits of t-shirt and staple them into place if you want that sort of curve, or, you can use some construction mesh if you want a far more uniform shape, you need to glue gun that into place really... Then the next step is putting on a good few layes of fibreglass to get it nice and strong. Then smooth over with some easy sand and paint up...
a_j_mair

26th Jan 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for door builds try a search i have posted up progress pics several times
RichR
Premium Member

26th Jan 06 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/
very good site - I'll answer specific questions but I'm not writing out everything again which I've written umpteen times in other posts
Planty02

26th Jan 06 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a tutorial on door builds in the tutorials section
Jill
Premium Member

26th Jan 06 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's not that difficult to do really if you are quite handy with tools...

You need to construct a Basic shape out of some MDF first. Then you need to get the shapes set out for the fibreglass. You can stretch some cut up bits of t-shirt and staple them into place if you want that sort of curve, or, you can use some construction mesh if you want a far more uniform shape, you need to glue gun that into place really... Then the next step is putting on a good few layes of fibreglass to get it nice and strong. Then smooth over with some easy sand and paint up...

Cheers, that's really helpful

Thanks peeps

JILL

New Poll