corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pls help pro fitted exhaust melted my bumper!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pls help pro fitted exhaust melted my bumper!!
kupo

User status: Offline
28th Jan 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a remus exhaust fitted today and all looked fine. got home jus now to the smell of melted plastic an have seen that the exhaust is up tight against the bumper and melted the paint off??? im gona take it bk tomoz to get them to sort it out but are they liable for the damge as i bought and got it fitted by them??

pls help so i can sleep!

thanks
MR2Mike

28th Jan 06 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its fitted so cloe to the bumper that its melted it then yes they are liable, but mechanics are usually chavs, so take a few mates if you want a refund etc lol
kupo

28th Jan 06 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i jus hope they reslove it .... jus i dont wana be payin out for a new bumper plus its red so imagine tryin to match the paint argh!!! an its from a good place as well not a chav place argh ! i jus cnt belive it everything was goin rite an this fuks it up

[Edited on 28-01-2006 by kupo]
MR2Mike

28th Jan 06 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a dtm exhaust or fuckin 5 inch mofo is it ? if so its your own fault, if its a proper exhaust and theyve fitted it poorly, they are liable, and youll have to fight hard for your money

[Edited on 28-01-2006 by Mike_Corsa]
kupo

28th Jan 06 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a remus cnt get better than that for fitting this exact one http://www.remus-japan.jp/RMS/REMUS_RACING/51265-2.jpg
MR2Mike

28th Jan 06 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant view links at moment pal sorry... internet is fucked.

try to get your money back mate .. good luck
StuartVRS

28th Jan 06 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kupo
i jus hope they reslove it .... jus i dont wana be payin out for a new bumper plus its red so imagine tryin to match the paint argh!!! an its from a good place as well not a chav place argh ! i jus cnt belive it everything was goin rite an this fuks it up

are you on your phone?
StuartVRS

28th Jan 06 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, they will probably say that you should have checked it before you left to make sure you were happy with the work carried out. Did they supply you with a warranty at all for the exhaust?
kupo

28th Jan 06 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry just angry and wanted to know wot i can do fast as i am worried im going to be stuck with the exhaust that is melting my bumper and then have to pay for a bumper to be resprayed

I have a warranty with the exhaust but i dont know what to ask for ?? refund or repair or what. I dont want them to do me over.

I was happy with the fit when i drove away, as the exhaust was not touching the bumper but now it is?!

I can push the exhaust to the side, then there is a gap but after driving for a few minutes it goes back up next to the bumper.

p16vlv

28th Jan 06 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get them to draw round the tailpipe, take back box off and then trim the bumper .it should be fine then.
broster
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wont get a refund....its an after market part, with a bigger tail pipe than standard, that will be their answer to you.
Claire

28th Jan 06 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They must resolve it by law. The exhaust is not fit for the purpose it was intended in its current state. By law the garage must either agree to rectify the problem within a reasonable amount of time or issue a full refund. I'm not 100% on compensation for the damaged bumper but I'm sure if it is a decent place then they will do it without question, and if not you could mention a local paper - it's always worked for me
vibrio
Banned

28th Jan 06 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they fitted it with the parts from remus then they are at fault assuming you have the standard bumper fitted. seems strange that did not say anything though
RKS

28th Jan 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what bumper do you have on the rear of your car? if not standard did you ask for it to be custom mounted to accomdate your aftermarket rear bumper?

ps this is the reason I do all my own work on my car
kupo

29th Jan 06 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went down to the place and they siad for me to have a look to see if they want it to be fixed. so they are definalty fixing it. when i took it bk they apoligised and they even heat up the mounts of the exhaust to make it lower from the bumper.

it aint to bad jus taken the layer or paint off rite undeneath so i will see how much it costs to repair 1st then access the situation then.
Rob B

29th Jan 06 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a bit confused as to how this can happen, mines been rested on the bumper ( standard bumper ) for about 2 months and its not melted anything ... d you pop big flames ?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pls help pro fitted exhaust melted my bumper!! 22 database queries in 0.0071831 seconds