corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pix of my car lowered 56k not on ur nelly...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pix of my car lowered 56k not on ur nelly...
j0hn

User status: Offline
   30th Jan 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally lowered my car -40mm on Spax springs. First off-Thanks to James @ Visionstyling for the great price on springs and never ending helpful advice! Cheers to Mike and Dave for lending me the tools and your spare time when u shud of been revising!

Just to let u all know i hav no experience at lowering so this was my first (few) efforts and all came together finally. Followed the tutorial from here on corsasport which was really easy to relate to. Only problems i came across wer the corroded tight as fuck nuts and bolts on the car - also my torx spanner 17mm adapter broke cos of the force i put on it lol...

Pix are shite as taken with my D500 but are massive and was on highest setting.

This is how it was b4 - extrememly high on 15s!

And now...

front is still a bit high for my liking but u can see the massive difference
40mm has made so
Also i'll see how it settles in a week or so as only did it yesterday

comments plz!!!

[Edited on 30-01-2006 by j0hn]
Rich H

30th Jan 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh looks alright! interesting to see actually as Im gonna fit -35mm to mine so will be interesting to compare mine to urs. What shocks did u use? Also, on a random note, what u done to the grille? Better pics of that please!!!
stu60

30th Jan 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks sooo much better that before,good job
ed

30th Jan 06 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice job
j0hn

30th Jan 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hamman
Yeh looks alright! interesting to see actually as Im gonna fit -35mm to mine so will be interesting to compare mine to urs. What shocks did u use? Also, on a random note, what u done to the grille? Better pics of that please!!!

shocks are standard for the time being - handles miles better than b4 so prob wont change them for a bit. IF i do it'l b when i get sum -60mm front springs and do it all in one go! The grille was cut out last summer with a saw and stanley knife! Hated the stupid vauxhall badge so got rid, sanded it and now a small hole remains until i order a kamei to match the eyelids.

marklawton

30th Jan 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate, the grill is pretty east to cut out, this is mine,
Poot

30th Jan 06 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lowered my corsa on PI -40mm springs to begin with, made no difference whatsoever, then bought some jamex -60mm and the result was very pleasing

But the ride is bouncy as hell and the arches scrub like hell all the time so i'm saving for a set of AVO coilovers or the equivalent.

Bottom line is, your shocks will wear out if not replaced with uprated ones
j0hn

30th Jan 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Poot
I lowered my corsa on PI -40mm springs to begin with, made no difference whatsoever, then bought some jamex -60mm and the result was very pleasing

But the ride is bouncy as hell and the arches scrub like hell all the time so i'm saving for a set of AVO coilovers or the equivalent.

Bottom line is, your shocks will wear out if not replaced with uprated ones

to be fair iv never driven an car lowered more than -40 so cant imagine coilovers but the ride is quite firm now, used to be soft as jelly, swayed all over round corners. Looking into a strut brace now, anyone kno how good they are - considering they are very cheap?
j0hn

30th Jan 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha tell a lie - iv been in N3 DUB my mates mk3 golf - most lowered mk3 in UK and is very bumpy and can only take 1 passenger - which is the point i never want to cross cos dont see the point...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pix of my car lowered 56k not on ur nelly... 22 database queries in 0.0118809 seconds