corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good exposure for CS.. MY RR DAY IN FAST AND MODIFIED MAG..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Good exposure for CS.. MY RR DAY IN FAST AND MODIFIED MAG..
mav

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And a big thanks to Ross (vibrio) for pics and write up..The man done well

Nice thanks to CS and me at bottom of page 3

Great day and good advert for CS

MAG PICS...3 pages

anybody interested i'll copy the write up in here too...
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Feb 06 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent!!

Wrighty

3rd Feb 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you the man mav

is this mag in the shops now,iv never seen it,i feel i may purchase it to see this
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Feb 06 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav

anybody interested i'll copy the write up in here too...

please

you could scan it in in higher res.

Good job

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jake

3rd Feb 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh, get it written up
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Feb 06 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would liek to see a close up of the table if poss mav
mav

3rd Feb 06 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

manly a scottish based mag not sure if you get it down south..

scanner bust so i will write it up manually..

will try with camera and zoom, not got scanner

[Edited on 03-02-2006 by mav]
jonnysri

3rd Feb 06 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice!
mav

3rd Feb 06 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Words thanks to Ross...
My taxi to the corsaposrt rolling road day was martin c's euro styled corsa c.We were late due to the driver sleeping in so a spirited drive from Glasgow to the Falkland Performance Centre ensured we arrived in time.
Corsasport.co.uk is the UK's premier corsa forum with 13000+ registered users from not only the Uk but across europe and down under. Also many users faithfully stay once they have gone on to new cars as such not all the cars on the rollers were corsa's.
The RR in question is a 2WD Maha chassis dynometer LPS 3000 capable of recording upto 500bhp with a large volume high speed fan at the front to ensure the car is cooled efficeiently.Each car was warmed up before a run was made and exhaust probe to measure fueling so everything was kept safe.
There was a range of C20LET to martins standerish corsa 1.4 with just a filter and back box for engine mods, non corsa included 3 golfs(MK3 gti's,MK3 VR6,MK4 1.8t), Integra type r 106 gti and a volvo s40 T4.
The day was productive not only for showing the powers of the cars but a few were diagnosed with unknown problems. Mav's T4 had a torque curve like the alps and was down on power.Falkland suggested it would be a spark problem and said they would run the car for free once Mav sotred the probelm.Sure enough once Mav replaced the coil packs, leads and plugs the cars gave standard power.Claires red 106 gti appeared to be down on power considering the engine mods and muppetsports C20 LET was not making the power it should have.Alans C20LET corsa had to be strapped down at the front and help in place by the transit recovery vehicle to inhibit the car from lifting off the rollers which gave a reading of 265hp.
Most of the corsa's present were equipped with the popular C20XE engine conversion. Only one producd below factory figured which is likely to have been due to a throttle not opening fully. Of the standard engines Cats Dblilas flowtec manifold equipped 1.4 corsa b made 21hp over standard and was still climbing as it hit the rev limiter.
The "got there in the end" award goes to aceman whose C20LET astra had a gearbox change that morning hit an impressive 252hp after everyone had gone home.
The corsasport outing was a good one even though it was very cold spirits remained high and most were pleased with the results.
The service provided by Falkand was 1st class and can't recommend them enough if you're after a similar club rolling road day...

PHEW...

drax

3rd Feb 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welll done you northern monkeys
Martin_C

3rd Feb 06 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
Words thanks to Ross...
My taxi to the corsaposrt rolling road day was martin c's euro styled corsa c.We were late due to the driver sleeping in so a spirited drive from Glasgow to the Falkland Performance Centre ensured we arrived in time.
Corsasport.co.uk is the UK's premier corsa forum with 13000+ registered users from not only the Uk but across europe and down under. Also many users faithfully stay once they have gone on to new cars as such not all the cars on the rollers were corsa's.
The RR in question is a 2WD Maha chassis dynometer LPS 3000 capable of recording upto 500bhp with a large volume high speed fan at the front to ensure the car is cooled efficeiently.Each car was warmed up before a run was made and exhaust probe to measure fueling so everything was kept safe.
There was a range of C20LET to martins standerish corsa 1.4 with just a filter and back box for engine mods, non corsa included 3 golfs(MK3 gti's,MK3 VR6,MK4 1.8t), Integra type r 106 gti and a volvo s40 T4.
The day was productive not only for showing the powers of the cars but a few were diagnosed with unknown problems. Mav's T4 had a torque curve like the alps and was down on power.Falkland suggested it would be a spark problem and said they would run the car for free once Mav sotred the probelm.Sure enough once Mav replaced the coil packs, leads and plugs the cars gave standard power.Claires red 106 gti appeared to be down on power considering the engine mods and muppetsports C20 LET was not making the power it should have.Alans C20LET corsa had to be strapped down at the front and help in place by the transit recovery vehicle to inhibit the car from lifting off the rollers which gave a reading of 265hp.
Most of the corsa's present were equipped with the popular C20XE engine conversion. Only one producd below factory figured which is likely to have been due to a throttle not opening fully. Of the standard engines Cats Dblilas flowtec manifold equipped 1.4 corsa b made 21hp over standard and was still climbing as it hit the rev limiter.
The "got there in the end" award goes to aceman whose C20LET astra had a gearbox change that morning hit an impressive 252hp after everyone had gone home.
The corsasport outing was a good one even though it was very cold spirits remained high and most were pleased with the results.
The service provided by Falkand was 1st class and can't recommend them enough if you're after a similar club rolling road day...

PHEW...

superb
mav

3rd Feb 06 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Martin_C

3rd Feb 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was rather spirited, hehehehe.
mav

3rd Feb 06 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good pic of you in the mag looking well...glum
Slammed_Corsa

3rd Feb 06 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done boys Was a brilliant day out and i look forward to the next one.
Martin_C

3rd Feb 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
good pic of you in the mag looking well...glum

yeah vibs text me and said that, no wonder i was freezing and bored!!
Nismo

3rd Feb 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one guys well done , and ian put your pen15 away
mav

4th Feb 06 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all good for the site

And the way Ross worded it with the non corsa owners etc was well done...

VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Feb 06 at 02:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ace work Mav, Ross etc...!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Slammed_Corsa

4th Feb 06 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see me with my back towards martin
ajscorsa

4th Feb 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brave man having your arse facing martin. he could have pounced at any minute
vibrio
Banned

4th Feb 06 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mav I could have given you the txt to post up lol
WATSON

4th Feb 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice wright up Will buy a copy today and have a proper look
Robbo

4th Feb 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well in boys
vibrio
Banned

4th Feb 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good exposure for CS.. MY RR DAY IN FAST AND MODIFIED MAG.. 23 database queries in 0.0364540 seconds