corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Colour coded wing mirrors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Colour coded wing mirrors
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Mar 06 at 03:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Ibiza came with some crazy ass bling mirrors which i've taken a disliking to, so got some wing mirror covers from SEAT in primer.

I've looked high and low for a spray can of VAGs "Black Magic" Pearlescent black colour, but unless i pay like £15 to have it mixed up, I cant get any anywhere

Someone suggested doing them Cupra style in just plain Gloss black. I could do this, it would mean I wouldnt have to worry about a colour match, however I am wondering if this will look silly on a black car - as it may look like a crappy mismatched paint job.

What to do?
Pay £15 and stop whining, or pay £4 and have them gloss black, possibly looking daft?

And im NOT leaving the chrome ones on

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dan A

1st Mar 06 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay 15 and do them properly and stop whining kyle
Wrighty

1st Mar 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15 aint that bad pmsl
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant believe your moaning about 15 quid, btw dont ge tit done at halfords, the results are shocking

the paint on the left light is halfords paint mixed for the exact code of the car!! This is after laquer too

the right light is renault paint, mixed by renault, and this is before laquer. as you can see the differences are astonishing
RKS

1st Mar 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is several shades of each colour, but still that halfords match is WAY out
SXi_Tim

1st Mar 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look in your boot and there will be sticker in the spare wheel well with all your paint codes on it, get those and got to seat, you will be able to order a spray can straight away
Wrighty

1st Mar 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmfao @ pic
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
Look in your boot and there will be sticker in the spare wheel well with all your paint codes on it, get those and got to seat, you will be able to order a spray can straight away

Na seat will only make it in a touch up pen.

I did loads of stuff for my Corsa and the colour wasnt THAT bad from halfords

So yeah, Ill find some of this paint then

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

1st Mar 06 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam
cant believe your moaning about 15 quid, btw dont ge tit done at halfords, the results are shocking

the paint on the left light is halfords paint mixed for the exact code of the car!! This is after laquer too

the right light is renault paint, mixed by renault, and this is before laquer. as you can see the differences are astonishing

did you spray them both?
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, _Rikki_ yes i know there are several shades and halfords apparently mixed it the exact shade as specidifed by my code
3CorsaMeal

1st Mar 06 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the novelty cat wingmirror bestest
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
jimbo_247

1st Mar 06 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it depends who mixes it at halfords because they do it on recommended weight of each ingredient so if one is out then the mix is wrong

if the blokes at halfords no you they will mix it really good thats what they did for me
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, I work at halfords and mixed myself a can to courcode my mirrors and it turned out perfect, with no difference at all.
Then I scratched one mirror on a wall, but wanted to respray it striaght away, so went to the nearest store. They then mixed me up this:

see how the mirror doesn't match at all! It seems as though there was no laquer in there, as there was no shine!
jimbo_247

1st Mar 06 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer so it really just depends who mixes it because its not the code that is wrong but human error
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Yea, I work at halfords and mixed myself a can to courcode my mirrors and it turned out perfect, with no difference at all.
Then I scratched one mirror on a wall, but wanted to respray it striaght away, so went to the nearest store. They then mixed me up this:

see how the mirror doesn't match at all! It seems as though there was no laquer in there, as there was no shine!

you do realise you have to apply laquer seperatly, its not in the paint ?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is laquer in the cans they mix up.
It is in there already, although yes, another layer does help.
If you buy a can off the shelf, it needs laquer. If it is mixed specifically for you then you don't.
I didn't laquer the other, and it came out as a perfect match!
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did u hear that mate, thats not right, any metallic coat will require a top coat of seperate laquer
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got told it by the company who make the cans and provide us the paint.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

judging by the quality of there paint i wouldnt listen

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Colour coded wing mirrors 23 database queries in 0.0142450 seconds