corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who as Road Angel 2?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who as Road Angel 2?
andywsxi16v

User status: Offline
16th Mar 06 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a refurbed RA2 off eBay, it has subscription untill ../07/08 and it cost £185 which i think is good! The company who re-sell them do all the transfer details so it should be regesterd in my name. .Now iv`e updated it with the software from www.blackspot.com and all was succesfull. But on using it im constantly getting a message saying "searching for satellites". It does say in the manual that it will take upto 45 mins to pick up the data from the satellites! Would this apply for a re-furbed one too?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

16th Mar 06 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine took a good 30 mins to get a signal. make sure you are not parked in your garage
andywsxi16v

16th Mar 06 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
mine took a good 30 mins to get a signal. make sure you are not parked in your garage

My drive to work was 15 mins and home was 15mins so that prob wasn`t enough!!? I have it conected to my PC at the moment, will that work. cant get it near the window though!
John

16th Mar 06 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let it get the signal standing still.
If it uses a crappy gps reciever, which it sounds liek it does, you'll never get one while your moving.
John

16th Mar 06 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you've got no chance of it getting a signal indoors.
blue_corsa

16th Mar 06 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you may need a external reciever, my ra2 didnt work in my coupe.

its because of the black strip on top of the screen , blackspot and other companies sell the recievers
Doug

16th Mar 06 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best bet is to take it on a drive for an hour or so.

But some cars have heat reflective windshields so the RA2 cant get a good signal/any signal. If this is the case then you will need to buy a cheap booster from the black spot website.

You can tell if you have a HRW (heat reflective windshields) by there being a symbol on the screen somewhere or a black band across the top.

Hope that helps mate!!

[Edited on 16-03-2006 by Doug Corsa]
welshdude

16th Mar 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use to have the road angel compact in my corsa, it use to take between 5-10 minutes to pick up a signal from the satellites.

If you drove under a bridge then it would loose the signal who a couple of seconds.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who as Road Angel 2? 22 database queries in 0.0093360 seconds