corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Paint Experts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paint Experts
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
20th Mar 06 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of questions. Im painting/re-furbing some alloys, they were originally professionally painted by a bodyshop white then sprayed with clear coat.
1. Will cellulose paint react with the body shops paint??? if so what do i do to overcome this
2. I will be painting the wheels in the same colour paint as my car (bianca white) this dosnt require a clear coat cos its non metallic so how do i prep the surface for clear coat, dont want it peeling but was a super shiney finish. Is there such thing as white metallic???
3. Do i need to treat any bear metal or because its alloy can i paint stright on to it

TA
broster
Premium Member

20th Mar 06 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rub it all down, and clean it with white spirits. then paint it with primer, then white.... then rub it down so its smooth and paint it with laquer if you want it super shiney!

thats what i would do anyway
Scotty_B

20th Mar 06 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Paint Experts 22 database queries in 0.0184989 seconds