corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hong Kong

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hong Kong
Adam_B

User status: Offline
4th Apr 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone been? worth it? general thoughts please....
Icy

5th Apr 06 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, few times and yup

everythings cheap, they get all the latest electronic stuff before here, fashion is ahead over there too. not sure if you'l like the food.
dont think theres much tourist stuff to do cept victoria peak
corsa-sxi

5th Apr 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh but beware, cos a load of cheap electronics are parallel imports blah blah blah, but good cheap food been a fair few times now, very hot in summer
Ludacris Turbo

5th Apr 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are Parrallel Imports?
Kenni

5th Apr 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally out of this world

Cheap food, cheap(ish) electronics, cheap women

Parallel imports? You mean shops importing stuff over, say, the PSP when its not offically released in HK. Its will be slightly cheaper and you dont get a warranty.

Like UK, you get all the consumer protection blahblah. In mainland China its totally different if you go there.

Big tip: You MUST bargain on EVERYTHING YOU BUY!

Icy

5th Apr 06 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont have copyright laws over there so you'l find loads of copies etc of stuff with diff names, even cars!

last few times dad went back, got top of the range pioneer head unit with cd changer for £300!
Kenni

5th Apr 06 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icy
they dont have copyright laws over there so you'l find loads of copies etc of stuff with diff names, even cars!

last few times dad went back, got top of the range pioneer head unit with cd changer for £300!

See-futOfcourse they have copyright laws! More so in HK than China. Even a firm in China was fined for ripping off Starbucks logo.

Just the government WAS/IS slow at clamping it down cus if the large rate the copies where churning out in China. Now its more difficult to find 'copied' stuff, unless you know where to go and ask.

[Edited on 05-04-2006 by Kenni]
IntaCepta

5th Apr 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HK is amazing,
Must visit mongkok for the electronics, any the golden building for computer stuff.

fashion is ahead, but hk has nothing on japan in the fashion sense.

food is alright, but i had stomach problems with the water there, took a week to get used to it!

also the import electronics are cheap as hell, but off course no warrenty, i got my fx8 panasonic camera for 190£ and that was dirt cheap at the time.

Be careful if your into buying illegal movies/music, there were a few police raids when i was there, and they lock the customers in! quite scary, just run for it!

Icy, I don't know about car stereos, i wanted to buy a 300£ unit there, but it wasn't that much cheaper than uk prices! I looked pretty much everywhere! where did ur dad get it from?

Victoria peak is a must, and also the harbour bay especially at 8pm, all the buildings in central have a lights show! pretty cool!

Tiger

5th Apr 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going in November
ryzer

5th Apr 06 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lived in HK for 6 years, best thing that ever happened to me, awesome country, DONT drink the water, drink bottled water!

cool country because of the two cultures they have!

Lan Kwai fong is where all the bars are, and go everywhere by taxi or MTR, thats the underground over there, and is everything our underground should be, clean, effecient, and cheap, taxis are also cheap enough too.

go to the peak, preferably at dusk as the views are immense, and the lights on the skyscrapers are pretty awesome
Icy

6th Apr 06 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its weird the gearstick if where the indicator stalk is on the taxis??

love how the shops close late too!

last time i went stayed in mong kok

got my cousin to get the head units

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hong Kong 22 database queries in 0.0096200 seconds