corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car should be ready for Sunday...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car should be ready for Sunday...
timrud_

User status: Offline
   14th Apr 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent all day at my mates, while he spilt one of my stockpile of F28's and put a Quaife diff in. Gave the new box a clean up too.

Just got to swap them over, along with new flywheel and clutch. Then get the car setup for the strip. Should be a busy day tomorow lol

Weather looks good for Sunday in York though
Danny H

14th Apr 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where abouts in York?
ed

14th Apr 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stockpile of F28's...

mike16v

14th Apr 06 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tim u been at rich's? and is that grey R reg clio ures? if it is then ure an ignorant git as you have drove past me on my drive about 5 times today
schoey

14th Apr 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stockpile

timrud_

15th Apr 06 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its my workbus that Clio!

Selling another of my boxes tomorow hopefuly, so thats two gone, one onto the car and one to somebody else.

I predict 13.5.

Going to York dragway, the one that isn't Elvington. www.york-dragway.co.uk or something.
Rupean

17th Apr 06 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt look too bad tonight, i was the one in the red astra up notts. guessing it was no way near running full boost though when we had a play.

[Edited on 17-04-2006 by Rupean]
mentalcorsa

17th Apr 06 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was good to see your car 2niteat services havnt seen it before , love the wheels
timrud_

17th Apr 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys! Glad you like it

Yes god knows what is up with it. Spent 15 hours on Saturday doing it, but didn't have time to get it running right. Got up early Sunday, to York all day, then down to MFN and some fun after.

With the diff it only managed a 13.9 @ 109.7. So its a long way down! The boost controller packed in, and it just did what it wanted, which was 13-14psi all day. A bit gay lol It also had a misfire, which I think is the pipe from cooler to inlet (mines a metal pipe) moving on boost and knocking the leads a tiny bit. Has done it beore, when the car when back together must not of put that pipe on in its exact place.

Got a few things to check on it. Was impressed with yours though (as I said on CN ), didn't seem much in it at all!
mentalcorsa

17th Apr 06 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you stay out and go to the last location every1 went to after services timrud?

was a good night after that and no cops came
Rupean

17th Apr 06 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah same m8, i was running 15psi overboost, 12psi held on eds p2 chips with s144 hybrid. waiting for some 440's before i up the boost anymore just too be on the safe side.
timrud_

17th Apr 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where you getting the 440's from? Have you a make and part number for what your ment to use?

I'm only on Z20 injectors, which are 99% the same as standard. But I've a fuel pressure guage, and they seem to cope. But I'm looking for other options!

Mentalcorsa - no I went home, very tired! All day Friday woring on cars. Then up at 8:30am sat, working until 11pm, then out for a long test run to check diff ok. The sunday up at 8:30am again, drive to york, then drive down there via the Mrs house, I racked up starship milage yesterday! Where did it end up??

Hopefully a bit of tinkering and she should be running better. But the engine is well past its best (nearly 200k old ).
Wrighty

17th Apr 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doh,wondered why dragway signs was up around town
timrud_

17th Apr 06 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of popped along dude, was a good day!
Wrighty

17th Apr 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next time i rekon

me and mates was on about goin down there one time when we all av a few bits and bobs done to the motors
Rupean

17th Apr 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Where you getting the 440's from? Have you a make and part number for what your ment to use?

I'm only on Z20 injectors, which are 99% the same as standard. But I've a fuel pressure guage, and they seem to cope. But I'm looking for other options!

Mentalcorsa - no I went home, very tired! All day Friday woring on cars. Then up at 8:30am sat, working until 11pm, then out for a long test run to check diff ok. The sunday up at 8:30am again, drive to york, then drive down there via the Mrs house, I racked up starship milage yesterday! Where did it end up??

Hopefully a bit of tinkering and she should be running better. But the engine is well past its best (nearly 200k old ).

hey m8, i ordered my last set from http://www.racetronix.com/621031.html, there the ones u want they flow 440cc at 3bar, i was running them at 2.8bar on my old astra and it was still slightly rich, they where £130ish all in which included import tax aswell and took just over a week to come, u need to give them a week too settle properly before running lots of boost. work very well with motronic.
timrud_

17th Apr 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the info!

Do you run a wideband lambda or anything?

Is that 3bar at idle, and then it should go up 1psi for every psi of boost you run? On full chat my fuel pressure is around 80psi at the moment.
Rupean

17th Apr 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont run a wideband lambda m8 but had it checked on a rr and all was fine, yep thats right, 3bar at idle with vacuum to fuel reg off, goes up with boost as you say, wat fuel reg u using, im using a weber cossie item.
timrud_

17th Apr 06 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm using a crappy one you whack with a hammer. Got a webber adjustable one nocking round somewhere though. One of the millions of things to do!
Rupean

17th Apr 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing ive ever fitted m8, would never use a fse or anything like that.
timrud_

17th Apr 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might suggest to my mate he makes putting that on a priority!
timrud_

18th Apr 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van melted pistons 1 and 4, so watch out!

Tweeked with the car last night, way faster now. Decent tyres and suspention sorted and she should do a half decent time. I'd like a 110+ terminal.
SportBoy

18th Apr 06 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i was gonna go to york on sunday to see what its like but the missus wanted to go to the coast

[Edited on 18-04-2006 by SportyBoy]

[Edited on 18-04-2006 by SportyBoy]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car should be ready for Sunday... 22 database queries in 0.0123370 seconds