corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Back from Donny

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Back from Donny
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
16th Apr 06 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Day of very mixed emotion for me!

Firstly let me thank Brad who organised the run up to the show and all the ticket sales, which is no small job. Many thanks chap

Secondly can I also thank Jamie - corsa_crew - who helped out with the flags and generally helping out on site.

Thirdly allow me to have a little vent! The turnout was terrible between people saying they were going to show and not, which messed up the shortlist and meant we had to mess reserve people around. It also meant that we didn't fill all the places we were offered. In addition to this, the stand didn't really come together at all what with the low numbers and the fact that some people parked elsewhere anyway. Shame, and on entry to the show and seeing the CS stand with four cars, next to a bin and on gravel I did wonder whether we could do better.

Walking around, also in the gravel at the other club stands I was initially quite disappointed at the show generally, as it appeared to be a load of mucky cars thrown about, with some burger vans and crap in the way to break it up a bit.

Then it started to rain, and I started to see various CS cars around the place, in far better positions than the place which we had been given, which by this time I could well understand what was going on. Also, having spoken to some other people, it became clear that in order to get the better space inside the show, the stuff needed doing far in advance of the actual dates which were published. This is a surprise, as Donny organisers have never to my knowledge mentioned this fairly fundemental key fact, and we worked to their timescales, and got put by the bins.

Perhaps its that we don't really have a track record at this event of getting a solid number of cars together, and its done us no favours in this years placement.

The rest of the show was better, paddock stuff was almost Trax-like in having a hard floor and garages with interesting stuff in. Loads of stages, furniture, vehicles on the hard floor and also some club stuff, clearly more organised or talking to the right people as we are not. Frustratingly, we're not so far from this, but it'll need quite simply, more Corsas there on the day.

The next opportunity to put CS on the map as a having a serious offline presence, and the show which in my considered opinion is the best of the year is PVS, and its in June, and you've loads of time now to sort tickets, camping and generally joining in.

I know some people have come away with a not particularly positive outlook on things but I am very positive indeed. Once the ball is rolling, once the names are on the list, we set ourselves up for a fantastic event which embodies all that the site should be about.

I for one am quite looking forward to it.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Apr 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well said Sir Ian, i need to get my ticket for pvs sorted
vibrio
Banned

16th Apr 06 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics ian
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Apr 06 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads Ross, still in the cam. I'll sort tomorrow am most likely.
JadeM
Premium Member

16th Apr 06 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st show of the season....sure to do dis-organised & not the best turn out, weather, commitment etc etc. Others will be bigger!!
kiddy-sean
Banned

16th Apr 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Originally posted by Ian

I for one am quite looking forward to it.

getting my ticket sorted at the end of the month cant wait
Adam_B

16th Apr 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the big problem is the cost, wasnt it like 40 odd quid for the weekend? There having a fucking laff, show cars should get a serious discount imo as without them there is, as proved, no show.
Ojc

16th Apr 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20 quid entrance fee to a absolute turd show, loads of northerners drinking bear and wearing Rockport Jumpers smelling like burgers, and to quote what I've already said in another thread.

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought it was possibly the worst show I have ever had the pleasure of wasting 40 quid on. Is it me or has the actual standard of car dropped drastically? Most of the cars had massive imperfections be it crap paintwork or crap preparation work, skirts with rivets holding them on crappy exhausts, stupid sized spoilers on shopping trolley cars.

The best car I saw today was on the Performance Ford stand a red ERST."
mike16v

16th Apr 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adam completely agree with u, its bloody pricey for visitors but charging the show cars the same is just crazy
JadeM
Premium Member

16th Apr 06 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never been to a car show wouldnt know a good one from a bad one
justrials2

16th Apr 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went an realy didnt think it was that good to be honest jus was like it was there for the money to be made not tp show of the cars
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd pretty much agree with what Ian said, we talked about it on the journey back & tried to figure out ways to overcome these issues.

Personally I wouldn't put it down to bad organisation. By the sounds of things we haven't been very well informed & the venue itself wasn't brilliant. In terms of Corsa Sports organisation there is only so much we can do! Without the commitment of the clubs members we wouldn't have a stand worth noticing. Sadly this seems to have been the case today. If I'm honest I'm rather angry, but we're yet to hear these members side of the story so its not fair for me to start blaming people.

There are ways & means of sorting out problems. Whats needed is feedback on what you thought wasn't right about today. Try to do so in a positive way though...

Lets get our show standards back to what they used to be Roll on PVS
justrials2

16th Apr 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did any1 see the just nova justcorsa's red 2.0turbo it was a total mess
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by justrials2
did any1 see the just nova justcorsa's red 2.0turbo it was a total mess

That car was class
mike16v

16th Apr 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest with u guys when i used to take my corsa to the shows i went with corsasport on quite a few occasions. But then i found that as a club we were getting pretty poor stand positions and there were other clubs available to me that got really good locations if u get me. But i know thats really out of your hands so not sure how we/u could go about improving this issue
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Apr 06 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
thats really out of your hands
On the contrary, if I phone up somewhere and say I would like a boss spec for 100 cars please, I won't get off the phone until I hear a yes. The problem for me is that I'll look a nob afterwards if my club doesn't come up with the goods.
Pop

16th Apr 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pgac had a major problem with their stand at the show ... when they turned up another club had nicked their spot and the organisers said it was chaos and they had no idea that many cars would turn up
Adam_B

16th Apr 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted to go, and i dont mean to sound like a tight arse cos im really not but the cost was a major deciding factor for me.
mike16v

16th Apr 06 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right i see, i presumed u just said i want a stand etc and they said ok u can have X amount of cars etc. But if your struggling for cars then its time the members showed some loyalty to the site and turned out with them in order to build a better stand at shows
RCoughtrie

16th Apr 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of how many actually turned up ?

Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
But then i found that as a club we were getting pretty poor stand positions and there were other clubs available to me that got really good locations if u get me. But i know thats really out of your hands so not sure how we/u could go about improving this issue

As far as club stands go they all seem fairly similar from what I've seen, other than maybe a gazebo or two?

What I did notice is how many turcks etc there were! Its all gone hi tech! All the "show" cars seemed to be on those stands, bit hard to compete with them

PS - What the hell does Fuel sell? We couldn't work it out
Wrighty

i shall be at pvs and on the cs stand if my cars worth and missing last years due to bad cirumstances i shall not be missing this years at all

see you all there

oh and the pics tnm put up of donny made it look a bit poor tbh

[Edited on 16-04-2006 by Wrighty]
dna23

made an interesting read Ian, I can understand your points there and obviously it gives us something to think about for next year with the Donny Show! I think its best if we just learn from it and as you basically said focus on PVS.... last year it was an absolute blinder and i'm sure it will be this year again...

We just need to ensure we have a good turn out for PVS and organisation went down fine last year iirc... plus being involved a little last year with mr wager, mafoo and co i'm sure i'll be able to ensure our area looks pretty spot on

I think it'd be good if we could get something together though like showplates, spec sheets .etc so that it shows we've put a bit of thought into it and we're proud to come from that club.
mike16v

16th Apr 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive often wondered what the hell fuel does looks like rubbish bass cd's and neons to me?
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
i shall be at pvs and on the cs stand if my cars worth and missing last years due to bad cirumstances i shall not be missing this years at all

see you all there

oh and the pics tnm put up of donny made it look a bit poor tbh

[Edited on 16-04-2006 by Wrighty]

Pics never do a car justice, going to the shows is about the atmosphere & noticing little touches on cars & meeting new people & perving on women

£20 to get in - I'd easily waste that on another boring night in my local

I had a class weekend

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Back from Donny 22 database queries in 0.0165081 seconds