corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Compact/pocket camera choices?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Compact/pocket camera choices?
Ian S

User status: Offline
20th Apr 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As im heading off to the USA next week I will make use of the exchange rate and pick up a new camera over there, are these any good? or any similar suggestions?
want something smallish (not DSLR) and good quality.

Canon PowerShot S80

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX01
Casio Exilim EX-Z850
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T30

Im replacing a broken fuji f810

Would prefer something with rechargable battery.

[Edited on 20-04-2006 by Ian S]
vibrio
Banned

20th Apr 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what you want TBH. do you want a really slim line one like a ixus or somthing a bit thicker
Ian S

20th Apr 06 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt have to be that slim but not something huge and bulky
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Apr 06 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Cybershot T30, only T33

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=canon_s80%2Cpanasonic_dmcfx01%2Ccasio_exz850%2Csony_dsct33&show=all

Canon and Panasonic both get 4.5 stars, and both 28mm at the short end which is wider angle than the other two, meaning you don't need to be as far away from stuff to get pics. Useful at busy car shows.

Canon has AI focus, means it will refocus if stuff moves.

Canon is heaviest though. Personally I would go with that just because I know they're easy to work and the support is good. I would have no idea how far you have to drive to get a Casio camera repaired.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Compact/pocket camera choices? 23 database queries in 0.0090818 seconds