corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » quick question about rear window rubber...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quick question about rear window rubber...
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Apr 06 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...Is it an easy job to put a window rubber in on the rear window of a corsa B sport ?? does the spoiler have to come off, so you can get access to the top of the glass ??

Also does anyone vaugely know the price of a new rubber ??

Mase
CoastalCorsa

21st Apr 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thoiught you needed to take the rear window out to put the rubber on
Mase
Premium Member

21st Apr 06 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

balls.....are u deffo sure ???

Mase
Mase
Premium Member

21st Apr 06 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt, does anyone else know if you have to take the rear window out to fit the rubber seal ??? Is it ok to go without one for a while ??

Mase
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Apr 06 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCorsa
i thoiught you needed to take the rear window out to put the rubber on

Yup as its moulded around the glass!

The inside rubber can be removed easy which lets you get to the bond thats holding the window in but the exterior rubber is wrapped around the window

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Mase
Premium Member

21st Apr 06 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this the rear window in the tailgate ur talking about ??

Mase
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

21st Apr 06 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it doesn't need to be taken out.
The glass is bonded to the vehicle, but the rubber just slots into the gap left between the car and glass. I found out when I was tinting my windows in my old car, as I was going to take the glass out, but found it was bonded in.
You will probably need to take the spoiler off though, as you said to be able to reach the top.
CoastalCorsa

22nd Apr 06 at 03:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But when i resprayed my corsa i took the rubbers out and could not push them back inot place properly cos they have a groove which the glass sits in to hold the rubber weather seal inplace Hence why i had to put rubber weather seal on the glass before i bonded them back onto the car
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
22nd Apr 06 at 03:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to cut the weather seal off mine to paint it.
CoastalCorsa

22nd Apr 06 at 03:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I had to cut the weather seal off mine to paint it.

what did you do to replace weather seals ?

I removed glass was a pain in arse !

Believe its your B day ER NOW happy birthday !

New Poll