corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » You can never have enough screens.... Right?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author You can never have enough screens.... Right?
ed

User status: Offline
24th Apr 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My new graphics card is a BFG 7600GT. I haven't bought it yet, but it's the one I was thinking of getting.

The reason why I want it is for the 2x DVI sockets on it for my new screens I will be getting later on. Also seems nice and powerfull so it will compliment the rest of the system I have specced up (64bit AMD, 2gb RAM e.t.c...).

I noticed that it had what I shoulght was S-Video output, which on closer inspection is actually labled as an HDTV output. Currently I run a dual screen system, which is extreemly usefull. However, one of the now computers job is going to be to replace the TV. My TV has an S-Video input on it, along with the usual SCART and composite connections.... I was wondering if I could connect the HDTV output of the graphics card to the TV in anyway? Would be good if the TV could still do TV jobs without needing the set top box anymore.
Bart

24th Apr 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have thought so, just wouldnt recieve the HDTV 'resolution' if the screens wasnt HDTV compliant?

not sure tho
ed

24th Apr 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done some more research... You are right, there is even a wire that comes in the box to allow you to connect a composite wire to the HDTV plug... 3 screens it is then
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Apr 06 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you never have enough screens mate.
ed

26th Apr 06 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't like waiting for new stuff to come

New Poll