corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedline Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedline Help
dan_almond

User status: Offline
   2nd May 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick one. Bought some speedlines and they are now fitted to the car. I found the center caps a bit of a struugle to get off, but how do i fit them back on.

Is there a nack to it? Ive tried just puching them on, but them require some force?

Cheers
Dan
Wrighty

2nd May 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you taken the grease caps out the hubs?

little dome silver things?

if not u need to remove them with a screwdriver and hammer,gently tapping them off

[Edited on 02-05-2006 by Wrighty]
dan_almond

2nd May 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, managed to get the back ones on, no problem. Ive removed the rear grease caps and the rear center caps go on no problem. No 2 things ...

1. Do i need to remove the front wheel to get the front grease cap off, or can it be done with the wheel already on.

2. How do i stop the center caps from flying off when i drive the car. I put the rear two caps on, and within 2 mins both had come off!! Is it best to use some pliers (or similar) andbend in the hoks on the back of the caps.

Also how do i make them sit flush to the wheel?

Please help ladz

[Edited on 02-05-2006 by dan_almond]
Ryan_G1

2nd May 06 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The center caps are catching on the split pins, you need to cut these down at the bottom, and make them sit as close to the hub nut as possible
X 60RSA

2nd May 06 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ground some material off the cv joint shaft, the large retinaing nut thread as this caused me the majority of my problems on the front.

As above, all i did on the back was cut some off my split pins so they dont fold over the stub shaft.
dan_almond

2nd May 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the CV joint?
X 60RSA

2nd May 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter about the cv joint!

All you need to know is, when you take your wheel off the front, you'll see a big nut and thread in the middle of the brake disk. This is the cv joint shaft, doesnt matter what it is in relation to your problem tho, so its ok!

This bit of thread you see on the front might need grinding back a little to allow you to get your centre cap on.

[Edited on 02-05-2006 by X 60RSA]

New Poll