corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how to go about sellin a private plate

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to go about sellin a private plate
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 06 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the best way to sell it? private or through dvla etc? and how much would it cost to get the original plate back on
Karen

4th May 06 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costs £110 or £90 cant remember which one, to take it off your car and put it on retention. Try sell it on ebay as dvla dont buy plates back off you
JadeM
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£105 to transfer onto retention certificate.
a_j_mair

4th May 06 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am needing to put my origonal back on the car to sell the car and my private one on retention

i dont think i put the old one on retention. will i have any problems changing them back
westsidecorsa

4th May 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your original plate is now void, the DVLA send you a new number of the same Year to put back on your car.
JadeM
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This place - http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/selling.asp - will advertise on there site for a % of the sale!
a_j_mair

4th May 06 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to go to dvla office tommorow morning
JadeM
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
i am needing to put my origonal back on the car to sell the car and my private one on retention

i dont think i put the old one on retention. will i have any problems changing them back

The old one doesnt go on retention, afaik it can be used / bought however its 99% chance it will remain the same as 1st reg'd No.
a_j_mair

4th May 06 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear sounds like it will be confusing

takes a couple weeks to get v5 back doesnt it

soory for hijack
JadeM
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can either get them to send the V5 or ask to return & pick it up.
a_j_mair

4th May 06 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a pain as hopefully be sold ny end of weekend. should maybe wait till its sold then change the plate, nut then that person would own it, Can you sell it without the v5 or will they give me it back and just send off a bit, cant remeber what happened when changed plate
JadeM
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it changed or you could lose the plate!!

They rip off the green slip on the V5 & stamp it as re-registered so you can still sell it!!
a_j_mair

4th May 06 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers colin

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how to go about sellin a private plate 22 database queries in 0.0111489 seconds