corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting 17's and good springs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting 17's and good springs?
Metzy

User status: Offline
   7th May 06 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive got a smoke grey corsa b 1.4 16v sport with combat front bumper, sideskirts and a euro2 rear bumper and its sitting on 15" alpines with a full gmax 40mm drop kit but the kits been smashed against the tarmac too many times now due to stokes crap roads

So i want to fit stiffer springs (one broke anyway) so which are the best as the gmax ones are way too soft?

I want to fit 17's but is it possible to keep the archliners? im gonna panel beat all the arch lips, currently removing arch studs and nuts and going to sikaflex them on what more do i need to do so i dont get rubbing with a 40 mm drop?

Ive come to the assumation that i need 7x17's or narrower if poss? with a 45 mm offset no less? and 205/40 tyres?

any other problems to look out for?

thanks for any replies its greatly appreciated
Marc

7th May 06 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know people that have removed the arch clips when fitting 17"'s and just glued them back on.

Spax are pretty decent, as are Bilstein.
Metzy

7th May 06 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i mean about the clips yeah i just said it in a roundabout way

what are the stifist 40mm springs? my mates saxo vtr is lowered 40mm on a spax vsx kit? but still has loads of movement

and thanks for the quick reply mate :thumbsup:

wayne
Marc

7th May 06 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Puma are pretty harsh.
dna23

7th May 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i lowered mine at the rear i removed the rear arch bolts and just bonded the arches back on, likely hood is you'd just need to do the same... may be a little bit of chopping actually needed on the metal arch itself Max Power Haynes manual does a good guide on it though... Also you may need to bash a few bits inside the arch if it rubs..
Metzy

7th May 06 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replys guys :thumbsup:

keep em coming, and i thought puma were cheapos like the gmax's? ist just the suspensions got way too much movement

wayne

[Edited on 07-05-2006 by the younger modder]
corsaggh

7th May 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the corsa i brought it is lowered 40mm on Spax adjustable suspension kit.
The dampening it set to hard front and back. Can have a car load of mates and still dosnt scrup on 17s, because of the lack of movement in the wheels.
Gives a harsh ride, but adds to the fun factor of a valver

u2u andi gsi (previous owner) for more info
Corsalad87

7th May 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had Koni shocks on -40mm Gmax springs! with de bolted arches on et45 17s i didnt get any rubbing whatsoever
Metzy

7th May 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now thats what i like to hear so i can keep the arch liners? and im now thinking spax or koni springs as the 40mm sping on this cosa is snapped and on my brothers sport his 60mm gmax spring broke so not a fan of the cheap ones anymore

thanks guys

wayne

New Poll