corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need some sound in the rear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need some sound in the rear
Ry_B
Banned

User status: Offline
9th Jun 06 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've gotta Corsa Merit and there's one speaker in each door in the front but nothing in the back.

I've gotta small budget, 35 quid max, so I'm thinking of getting some 6X9's for the boot, any suggestions? Cheers
Carl

9th Jun 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do some reasearch, only thing i'd use 6x9's for would be to throw at Tim Westwood, if the oppertunity arose, or if i was out of toilet paper i'd maybe think about using the cones.
Ry_B
Banned

9th Jun 06 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I searched on here earlier for 20 minutes, most people say get a sub or whatever but they cost hundreds and will weigh the car down a lot (it will be noticeable in a 1.2 8v)

I don't wnt anything amazing and I know for 35 quid I won't, just better sound as there's only two speakers at the moment...

[Edited on 09-06-2006 by Ry_B]
Planty02

9th Jun 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your gonna get 6x9's and you're on a budget then get JBL. I would highly reccomend them for budget systems. I have JBL speakers front and back (6x9's) and they sound great even when up loud although I hardly use the 6x9's now as I have a sub
Carl

9th Jun 06 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Upgrade the front comps, 6x9's are utterwank, and the sound should come from infront off you, doesn't matter about the bass as that is non directional, hence being able to put subs in the boot.
loo_goblin

9th Jun 06 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up grade front, screw the people in the rear
Will_Sport

12th Jun 06 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

options:
1) front set of comps for £35
2) 2 sets of cheap speakers.
3) get some 2nd hand stnd rear speakers and new front comps/coaxials.
4) save up and get a proper set up.

i've got sony 13cm infront (3 way) and they're ok.... although these are going in back (which sound a bit flat only being 2 way i think as standard)... and infinity comps 17cm in the front, so i'll have plenty of high range from the 3 way sony and decent tweeters.

bearing in mind you'll have to fork out money for speaker mounts
kezza

13th Jun 06 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have only got a cheap budget just get some 6x9's duno what people have got against them. only problem with them is that if you want to add anything like a sub it will clash with the 6x9's and sound shoot, i got infinity 6x9's on an acoustic shelf running off the head unit and theres plenty af bass and the sound quality is excellent. it sounds better than when i had components and sub in my 106.

New Poll