corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » COOOOOEEEEY YOOOOOHOOOOO everyone in here please!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author COOOOOEEEEY YOOOOOHOOOOO everyone in here please!
calidus

User status: Offline
   22nd Jun 06 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right people I would like to say im glad to be back on corsasport at full speed/power/whatever with another corsa but something is making me saaaad

OUR REGION SUCKS!!! its official, well in my view, we are not contributing to one another as we could be, there are no enthusiasm and cannot see any firm plans set for regional meets, or anything really! So I have started a thread, possibly poorly named...aimed at getting us to air our views, and try to get us all back into car talk and meets, helping each other...So to start with my 2pence worth I would like :-

At least quarterly meets planned

Grudge matches against other regions, possible rolling road days or trips up the pod or wherever

Reminders to get sent round to regional members informing of events etc in case they have not click clicked into their section for some time.

When visiting family in south wales, I gatecrashed a meet at the toby carvery and everyone had a closeness with each other(dont know if its just like that in the valleys though ) and I even got u2us informing me of next meets etc for a short time after that.

Have a word with yourself Regionals...get back on track...summers here

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by calidus]
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely.

We need more discussion in here about possible ideas.

We need an topped Ideas Thread I think, that would be a useful addition

We have a slight disadvantage here though, we have a big region, and we don't have much communication between people.

I think the grudge match thing is a good idea, but we need definite input from someone willing to lend us a Rolling Road for a day.

And we need active organisers

remember -

so yeah, , feel free to air your points of view in here, say what you want, its a free for all

corsa120

22nd Jun 06 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah not same as it used to be.

the last couple of meets ive been to have been boring and seems as there are groups that form, like last northants meet loads of ppl buggered off to pub or wherever they went and left a fair few behind thinking the meet was over. end of day just makes ppl like me think whats the point lol

thats my 2bob worth but would be good if meets were well mixed and lots of banter etc.
RobHayes

22nd Jun 06 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm...............ok

CALIDUS & ROBMARRIOTT FOR ORGANISERS

I agree about the lack of meets and interest in the ones that do happen. Saying that I've only been to 1
I think the meets should rotate locations, to account for the region being so big, as its unfair to ask the same people to drive for hours to go to the meets, because others cant be arsed

Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good point Carl, we just fooked off without thinking about it

Rob, the rotation of locations seems like a plan too, maybe we should include a meet in Derby/Leicester every so often too?

calidus

22nd Jun 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should just all work together a lil more for now, I mean...lack of communication seems to be our regions problem, people want to do things but have no "getupandgo" suppose its kinda understandable with work commitments and family schtuff...but it would not take much to get things working, I mean the other clubs manage it, and we are the cheapest clubs/forums about... Im liking the way there has been the post PVS input post, we need to do similar here, a regional go karting session could be a team building event...just a case of discussing ideas someone wake up broster and get him posting, and the other peeps like mister sutton!
schoey

22nd Jun 06 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not having a dig but you cannot say that meets were not tried to be organised. I had to cancel one in april because no one was bothered.
Anyway, yes we do need to start getting some stuff organised, and i was well up for doing it and still am! but i need the support of the other members in the group for things to be a success.

Thanks Rob W for highlighting this point, and thats to Rob M for being so bloody lively over the last few weeks

Anyway, lets get organising!
CorsAsh

22nd Jun 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calidus, clearly you have never visited the WM Region. There's a reason we hijack your meets.
calidus

22nd Jun 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt mean to say anyone hijacked the meets...the idea of grudge matches was just to have a bit of friendly competition and to rub shoulders with other corsasporters all the ingredients for a great region are here just need to work it now like.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a lot easier now we know nearly all know eachother

and Ash, you are welcome to gatecrash its fine.
CorsAsh

22nd Jun 06 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by calidus
I didnt mean to say anyone hijacked the meets...the idea of grudge matches was just to have a bit of friendly competition and to rub shoulders with other corsasporters all the ingredients for a great region are here just need to work it now like.

You misunderstand me, I was saying your region is much better than ours. No one wants to come out and play around here unless its some chavvy meet on the motorway services followed by driving round avoiding being pulled by PC Plod.

Rob:

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by CorsAsh]
calidus

22nd Jun 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg...how many robs are there on here??? IM a Rob...etc?
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hayes
Marriott
Weaver

Jake

22nd Jun 06 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This region is better than south central, its also people like Ash that makes me want attend meets

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by jake]
Reedy

22nd Jun 06 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
This region is better than south central, its also people like Ash that makes me want attend meets

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by jake]

yes that Ash is dreamy
calidus

22nd Jun 06 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooooh...okies...thought there was more robs
Reedy

22nd Jun 06 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can call me rob if you want
Reedy

22nd Jun 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also im going to be going to a few pug meets so i may get some ideas from them hehe. I can then post in here about any ideas i get
CorsAsh

22nd Jun 06 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at jake and Reedy :blush:
JamesDCorsaB

22nd Jun 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott

Rob, the rotation of locations seems like a plan too, maybe we should include a meet in Derby/Leicester every so often too?

Agreed not been to any meets in my corsa yet keep me informed
calidus

22nd Jun 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once you have been to a meet you get an idea of where you could hold one in your kind of area and then suggest it at a later date...a meet in derby would be nice...we all going to try make the 16th july meet a biggy then?
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, there seems to be a decent amount of us agreed so far, and theres still a month to go yet, so im sure a few more will tag along

Reedy knows a good place to meet in Derby, with a pub

then we can do a Leicester meet at some point too, when we get into the swing of things

calidus

22nd Jun 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all being well me and mr hayes will be in the black rocket of his...if not I will do my best to borrow the gto I think we should confirm dates and improvements for next meets, after we have just held one region-wise? with improvements or what have you
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a plan, like the post PVS one in general chat.
Reedy

23rd Jun 06 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i know quite a few locations in derby.
Not too familiar with Leiciester or notts but im sure others can help me find a location.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » COOOOOEEEEY YOOOOOHOOOOO everyone in here please! 23 database queries in 0.0172398 seconds