corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine reving itself silly....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine reving itself silly....
Fro

User status: Offline
   17th Jul 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey People,

Ive tried searching for a thread with the same problem as me and couldn't find anything so im sorry if this is a repost......

Basically i took my car to a mechanic to get the crank oil seal, clutch and one of the water hoses replaced, went to pick it up on saturday and he was just finshing up as i got there, he told me to start it and then.....the engine kept reving to around 6000 revs and then dropping back down constantly and my engine warning light is on, i was told he had to take the inlet manifold off to replace the water hose, i can only think he has not put it back together properly does anyone have any ideas what could cause this??
i've got a 1998 1.6 16v sport

Any help is greatly appreciated...
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Jul 06 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vaccum hose more than likely. try the hose that goes from the map sensor to the manifold. they split when they are removed.
Rob B

17th Jul 06 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it you have checked all obvious thing's such as throttle cable is back in place correctly, but if its jumping up and down it does sound like a leak, mine did the same when i first fitted the engine, had a vacuum leak and it reved round to 3k and just sat there.
Fro

17th Jul 06 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the quick reply fellas i told him to check the vacuum hoses around the manifold and it was one of them car is sorted and back on the road

New Poll