corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake noises and grinding!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake noises and grinding!
kezza

User status: Offline
   20th Jul 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have now fitted new rear shoes and new rear cylinders, finaly got round to bleeding them today and they work ok just need to bleed them a bit more i think, but the problem im getting now is when i press hard on the brake it clicks or grinds and the pedal lifts up under my foot? what is this caused by? im thinking something to do with the ABS as it sounds like a very loud type of abs click?

thanks
Glen

20th Jul 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked the front breaks and made sure that the inside pad is ok and not worn out. As the inside pad normaly wears out quicker
kezza

20th Jul 06 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last time i checked there was quite a bit left on the front pads, i think the problems to do with the rear brakes because i can hear strange noises coming from them i dont get why the pedal flys up when i brake hard though.
Glen

20th Jul 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if youve got ABS the pedal will kind of vibrate, but it wont come up like your saying
kezza

21st Jul 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh its like the abs but louder. i think i will strip the brakes down and do it again in case i messed something up along the way.

New Poll